• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

flurry of Pendleton King Park reviews

why deleted?

well I reported it, don't know if anyone else did or not

the gist of what I said in the message when reporting:
this is a driveby review that is based off of a person and their care for the course, rather than the quality of the course itself

... tempted to report all the other half-assed PKP reviews now too :rolleyes:

Isn't it ALL just a review of Fast Eddie, once you get past the pomp and circumstance?

Well at least add some pomp and circumstance rather than your review being like "Eddie is the best, the only con is when Eddie isn't there!"

After poring over the majority of the other 5disc driveby reviews, they all seem to mention the course in one way or another ... so I didn't report any of them :(

Maybe update the Course Condition/Info to: "WARNING this course's rating has been artificially inflated by local driveby reviews" ;)

Last edited:
The sad thing is that there are probably a lot of places that don't have a decent course within a couple hours, and would be lucky to have a course as nice as PKP nearby. That said, the inflated reviews do nothing but set up what is probably a decent 3 or 4 disc course for nothing but ridicule. Unfortunate, really.

The sad thing is that there are probably a lot of places that don't have a decent course within a couple hours, and would be lucky to have a course as nice as PKP nearby. That said, the inflated reviews do nothing but set up what is probably a decent 3 or 4 disc course for nothing but ridicule. Unfortunate, really.

my thoughts exactly

dgcr groupthink bullying is real

That said, the inflated reviews do nothing but set up what is probably a decent 3 or 4 disc course for nothing but ridicule. Unfortunate, really.

The intentions are good for the most part, but the result of artificially inflating it's rating is just a horrible for DGCR. For a site that people plan trips around, hopefully they read the reviews before considering it a destination course and playing it over just about any of the other Augusta area courses.

It's a 2.5ish course ... design is rather repetitive and there are some safety issues. 2.5 puts it smack in the middle of the ratings scale, nothing wrong with an "average" course ... "average" courses are great to have, much easier to approach as a new player.

With the amenities put in place by Fast Eddie on each hole (very nice bench and broom, and quite clean overall), I gave it a 3 ... and most people seem to have liked my review of it ;)

The intentions are good for the most part, but the result of artificially inflating it's rating is just a horrible for DGCR. For a site that people plan trips around, hopefully they read the reviews before considering it a destination course and playing it over just about any of the other Augusta area courses.

It's a 2.5ish course ... design is rather repetitive and there are some safety issues. 2.5 puts it smack in the middle of the ratings scale, nothing wrong with an "average" course ... "average" courses are great to have, much easier to approach as a new player.

With the amenities put in place by Fast Eddie on each hole (very nice bench and broom, and quite clean overall), I gave it a 3 ... and most people seem to have liked my review of it ;)

So what your really saying is that fast eddie does improve the course and therefor his work should be reflected in the reviews? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I keed I keed. I agree. As someone who lived in Augusta from 2010-2014 I put PK dead on the money as a 3 disc course. You can MAYBE argue 3.5, but the general business of the park and inherent safety issues that presents I give it a three.

That being said, while PK may not be a MUST play in the Augusta area if you're on a limited time frame to play, it is a worthy stop. Mostly so you can see what a killer disc golf area looks like. When a solid 3 out of 5, 18 hole course is the worst course in an area that spouts 9 courses and growing they are doing something right!

You do know you're able to sort by Trusted Reviewer Reviews only, correct?

That should filter out all the "drive by" and "one time" reviewers of questionable worth (def not saying they're all junk, just that they're more likely to be so).

Unfortunately, that does filter out some worthy reviews from time to time but at least you'll get a rating much more "in line" with the DGCR "norm."

You do know you're able to sort by Trusted Reviewer Reviews only, correct?

That should filter out all the "drive by" and "one time" reviewers of questionable worth (def not saying they're all junk, just that they're more likely to be so).

Unfortunately, that does filter out some worthy reviews from time to time but at least you'll get a rating much more "in line" with the DGCR "norm."

I do now

Would anyone here consider a dog park an amenity for a disc golf course? I know dog owners who don't think they're an amenity for dogs.

Lol read that this morning smh. I've gotta stop by there on my next idgc trip and see what this place is all about

IMO the aesthetics of PKP (disc course aside) makes it worth a visit to the park. I feel far to much emphasis is placed on "ratings" and "reviews". Everyone has differing opinions, and always will. I've played PKP and loved it, absolutely beautiful park and the disc course was fun as well.

To quote an old adage: "Don't believe anything you read, and only half of what you see"......go decide for yourself...do not trust others to tell you what to think...ALL disc courses have pros and cons.....keep in mind...you are playing disc golf...so how bad can it be, really???

I feel far to much emphasis is placed on "ratings" and "reviews".
See the website you're on? Might want to read the title. That's kind of our business here.

Several courses here have an aesthetic component to them. Sometimes its a facade for an otherwise pedestrian disc golf course, albeit a friendly one. Some of these courses have volunteers who keep the place in good order.

What they do not have is a steady stream of 4.5 & 5 disc reviews written by people who are not really into reviewing anything else, which was inspired by a social media campaign to bump the course's score on here, and are almost written in the same zombie drone worship tone. That campaign makes a mockery of this site's purpose.

IMO the aesthetics of PKP (disc course aside) makes it worth a visit to the park. I feel far to much emphasis is placed on "ratings" and "reviews". Everyone has differing opinions, and always will. I've played PKP and loved it, absolutely beautiful park and the disc course was fun as well.

To quote an old adage: "Don't believe anything you read, and only half of what you see"......go decide for yourself...do not trust others to tell you what to think...ALL disc courses have pros and cons.....keep in mind...you are playing disc golf...so how bad can it be, really???

I don't believe any of this.
:\

Latest posts