• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Fly High Discs

so anyway on with the disc discussion: I wonder if there are plans to put these out in a more durable plastic (at least the drivers).

I would like to see their KGB in a stronger plastic too. If they could somehow add durability without sacrificing grip (the feel of the Sticky Icky is wonderful), they might just have the best plastic on the market.

Talking to the guys behind it (again, the two who aren't Scott Stokely, as I do not know him) , they do have some long-term plans of making the drivers available in a more premium plastic, but there are several factors going into it:

1) Sales. They are going to see how their current runs of "Sticky Icky" sell before they commit to a higher grade plastic; specifically, which ones sell the most and which have the most demand
2) Brand recognition. They have already donated a lot of discs to various events/leagues/tag matches here in Colorado to get the name out. They are also looking at potential; i.e. who isn't buying their current discs because it is baseline and who might pick it up if it was in a higher grade plastic (tough to determine, but they are smart guys and will figure it out)
3) Scott's demands. As he continues to tour and play, he will be the main measuring stick of how the discs hold up. If he is starting to notice them beating up too quickly and requires more durability, they may run certain discs that he prefers in a higher end plastic.

If you guys have any additional questions, look up Fly Green on your Google machine and send them an e-mail or a Facebook message. They get back to you really quick.

I would like to see their KGB in a stronger plastic too. If they could somehow add durability without sacrificing grip (the feel of the Sticky Icky is wonderful), they might just have the best plastic on the market.

So far, I only have drivers in Stick Icky, but I definitely plan on getting mids and putters in the future. Best grip of any plastic from any manufacturer. I'll just try not to hit too many trees if durability becomes an issue. Or maybe I'll cycle them like DX...

znnUIKX0ohuo0.gif

Let's not derail and get landfilled guys.

Has anyone thrown the jack the ripper? Profile pictures?

This conversation will need to stay within forum guidelines. Please stay on topic.

I see that the Fly High Discs have been PDGA approved. :clap:

Anybody been throwing these?... and like them. I'm curious.

lets try to keep this out of the landfill.

Approved discs (2/7/2015):

AK-47
Diesel
Jack the Ripper
KGB
Train Wreck
White Widow

Last edited:
Because according to the PDGA specs, its not exactly the same disc.

You mean very close to a Wizard, but not exactly a Wizard.

Thanks, I was under the impression that all fly high discs were current gateway molds in a new plastic.

It appears the AK-47's rim is not as deep as the wizard. That makes me want to try it as the deep rim is what led me to discontinue using the wizard for in the circle putting.

For the record, I like the name scheme. Kind of taps into the roots of our sport. As a Wizard Voodoo thrower I might just get me an AK-47 and White Widow.

Has anyone thrown the jack the ripper?

I haven't personally but my friend I regularly play with loves them so far. He's an older, noodle arm, bad form player so it is hard to tell if it would fit a serious golfer. It throws really straight for him with less fade than a teebird. So it might have some turn for 300+ arms but for his slower arm it works well. easy and accurate.

Can't wait to hear feedback from people that have actually thrown these. Maybe Scott will eventually chime in. I'm very curious about the Karma/Karma clone. It's a disc that has peaked my curiosity but all local stores around me kind of gave up on carrying Gateway. I hate blind ordering discs.

I just took this diesel out for field test and whoa, it's def a little more stable than the numbers stated, it deals freakishly OS. When this thing starts to fade the disc flips like an aero plane making a hard bank left. And if thrown low it skipped allot.

Firebird'esque... But faster

Whoa :eek:

I just took this diesel out for field test and whoa, it's def a little more stable than the numbers stated, it deals freakishly OS. When this thing starts to fade the disc flips like an aero plane making a hard bank left. And if thrown low it skipped allot.

Firebird'esque... But faster

Whoa :eek:

*side note. This one felt different and looked different than all the others on the shelf at the shop.