• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flyboy on TV

Burritotoes

Birdie Member
Did anybody else see Flyboy on TV? It was on PBS here in GA on a program called Georgia Traveler.

Maybe someone who is better at the interwebs can find the episode and post it here.

Why was I not featured in this segment, at this point I must imagine I am as synanomous to Georgia as peaches are. :|

:(

SAYYYYYYYYYYY WHAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Was it the episode that was on tonight at 7pm? (looks like that's get posted online on the 24th)

Last edited:
It was on the episode tonight. Showed disc golf, airplanes, the B&B, and Kelly throwing boomerangs.

Had Kelly, Phil Arthur, Courtney Mccoy, and the TV host throwing discs. Was only about a 7 minute segment, but it was pretty cool.

It'd be cool if they came out to an actual PDGA event and could see how "professional" we are :|

... seriously though: Gwinnett County Open B-tier is coming up in 3 weeks. They would be able to show all skill levels plus the hot shooting juniors that play in Gwinnett too.

It was on the episode tonight. Showed disc golf, airplanes, the B&B, and Kelly throwing boomerangs.

Had Kelly, Phil Arthur, Courtney Mccoy, and the TV host throwing discs. Was only about a 7 minute segment, but it was pretty cool.

NICE! :clap: ... wonder if Kelly bet Phil $100 to throw 600'+ again :D

I'm assuming the quality is good. Gonna plaster the link ALL over facebook.

NICE! :clap: ... wonder if Kelly bet Phil $100 to throw 600'+ again :D

I'm assuming the quality is good. Gonna plaster the link ALL over facebook.

The quality is excellent. No word on if they bet again, but Phil does bomb a few! :)

Also, the TV host hits his own vehicle when throwing on the hole near the house with the half buried basket.

The best news is that my wife saw it and said we could stay there sometime next year!

All in all, I was pretty happy with the Georgia Traveler show featuring Flyboy Aviation. I thought Courtney McKoy and Phil Arthur did a great job showing off the sport, but Maddie stole the show retrieving the host's errant throws (Blizzard plastic) from the lake. Phil's 500' throw across the lake was from the shoreline near #9's basket over to #14's basket (yes, I've learned never to bet against Phil on any kind of distance throwing!)

The show (episode 601) will be aired several more times this week. Check the Georgia Traveler website for exact air times.

Cheers
Kelly

Thats awesome Kelly! Thanks for all you do for our sport! Looked like the USDGC camera crew used your gyro copter on the hole flybys

That segment makes me really want to go back and play Flyboy again.

Point made to schedule a visit there on my next GA trip. I'll have to borrow so done else's drives though. I suck.

That segment makes me really want to go back and play Flyboy again.

I hear you! Brought back so many fond memories of the 2 days I spent there for the first SECO. That basket on the stump still haunts me... But it is still the most fun I have ever had playing disc golf!