• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Picked this up personally from the one and only Don Smith. What might this legend ghost with Don Smith custom stamp fetch? Is FS by the way :)

314bbf7.jpg

all the icon patriots i've seen have seemed very similar. the pinnacle plastic seems to have more variance in how it molds up, at least most of the rivals and patriots i've seen in icon seem consistent. maybe elsewhere they aren't so much.

yeah mine have all been very similar.. other then the FR Patriots that is .. but as far as my stock pinnacles they are all butter .. same for my Rivals ..as long as same weight, plastic blends they have all acted similar for me at least .. now when going from say Pinnacle to Legend yeah there is a difference but Pinnacle to Pinnacle mine are all great... havent thrown a ton of them yet though but so far so good on my end

Picked this up personally from the one and only Don Smith. What might this legend ghost with Don Smith custom stamp fetch? Is FS by the way :)

314bbf7.jpg

hard to say... its an early one for sure since its the gunmetal so that will help .. i would say $30ish but i could be wrong .. since they have been running more and more Legend you can get them cheaper now but if thats one of the stiff earlier Legends it should bring that i would think.. now it could be more im not sure on the rarity of the stamp

I bought one of very Legend plastic mold they have right now and im loving the good grip these have and the durability seems to be very high as well. I expected the Legend stuff to be a little more over-stable but they fly similar to the icon/pinnacle stuff i have.

Things i would like to see from legacy in the future: gravity gauge, protege ghost, a new beefy approach/midrange disc for headwinds.

Are the legend Rivals flat or domey? I bought a yellow icon Rival hoping they would be overstable, but after breaking it in lost all it's fade. The most overstable I've found are the light green pinnacle and they are incredible.

Protege Ghosts already exist but cost a pretty penny. Most of the desirable runs from Legacy get scooped up quick.

Are the legend Rivals flat or domey? I bought a yellow icon Rival hoping they would be overstable, but after breaking it in lost all it's fade. The most overstable I've found are the light green pinnacle and they are incredible.

Protege Ghosts already exist but cost a pretty penny. Most of the desirable runs from Legacy get scooped up quick.

The flat Pinnacles are the beefiest Rivals I've seen.

I've got two orange 'gummy' 167g rivals and they are more stable than most of the icon/pinnacle rivals I have. I also found that the darker purple icon rivals are mad stable out of the box. The least stable I have is a light pink 172g pinnacle rival, the thing flips like a mofo~

edit: Most of mine are flat tops. I don't really like the legend rivals, most legend plastic I get from legacy is somewhat of a pop top

another fun weekend throwing around the Legacy .. still looking for that first ace with a Legacy Mold.. some close calls but still nothing yet :(

another fun weekend throwing around the Legacy .. still looking for that first ace with a Legacy Mold.. some close calls but still nothing yet :(

I've come super close with my Bandit on a big uphill anny...hole is only 213, but up about 40'. Have hit the basket and spiked within a foot or two a couple times.

yeah i have some some really close runs with the Ghost, Rival, Mongoose and Clozer but still no aces lol .. some close runs but im waiting .. patiently.. or trying to be patient at least

yeah i have some some really close runs with the Ghost, Rival, Mongoose and Clozer but still no aces lol .. some close runs but im waiting .. patiently.. or trying to be patient at least

My second ace was on a straight 250'ish downhill shot with a Clozer :thmbup:

I had a chain out on a skip with my Rival a couple weeks back. I'm not sure why, but Legacy discs are just clicking like crazy with me.

Here's a shot I've struggled with and never had good success with anything. I used to forehand a SurgeSS, most of the time, but never had a shot at birdie. This is #7 at Fox River in SE Wisconsin. The basket is usually to the right of the bigger trees near the end, but set about 40' into the brush area you see at the end. Today, I laid an Icon Bandit in there and was really excited...until I saw they pulled the pins back to short positions and I had overshot by a good 150'. :doh:

IMG_20140520_132549120_HDR_zps9a07e4dd.jpg

Im really clicking with my recent switch over to mostly legacy, i had a rival ace a couple days ago on a 343' hole And a couple basket/chain hits with the ghosts now, like i have said before the ghost takes me back to the good days with my rocs. Finding legacy To fly consistent and simple, they each have a well defined use with no over complexity.

Latest posts