• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Mystery Understable Legacy Driver

I have a Legacy driver from the 2017 Las Vegas Halloween Classic (which was sponsored by Legacy). It's very understable and is my goto hyzer-flip disc. I'm hoping to find a backup in case the unthinkable happens, but I can't tell for sure what the mold is. Based on Legacy's flight chart from a few years ago, I'd guess it's a Nemisis. Hopefully I've attached an image of the abbreviation on the bottom, which looks like I (triangle) MM. Maybe the "MM" is really "NM" for Nemisis. Can anyone help me verify this? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 23
Side profile picture would be best but yes I'm almost certain it's a Nemesis.

It should be pretty obvious from the wing shape, mongoose is slightly convex on the lower wing. Nemesis has a significantly concave lower wing, you would probably think it's overstable just by looking at it (it's not).

Finally got a chance to throw the Legacy prototype and holy fudge that thing was an OS brick. More OS than my flat pinnacle Recluse without much glide. Couldn't even get 250 out of it backhand. I will say the one thing it has going for it is it's super comfortable in the hand.

I got in one of the Aztec Serpent Patrick Brown Badger's today and yes, it is as OS as they come. Looks like the Badger is Legacy's answer to the Discmania Mutant. This disc should be getting it's own thread pretty soon. :clap:

Bumping the Legacy thread.

Found a like-new Icon Recluse in the used bin. Hoping it might be a beefier Roc3.

Anyone have any idea if this is factory or some kind of dye job?

8176de19c3cc8bd1c8e72ab1a7ee055d.jpg

Recluse is pretty damn overstable (or at least the two I threw were). Might be *too* overstable for your needs but you be the judge.

That's definitely not a company dye, someone did that on their own. Is the bottom dyed?

No. The bottom isn't dyed. I thought maybe it looked like a DIY job but it doesn't look bad. There isn't a scuff on it and I seriously doubt it has been thrown so for $10 in the used bin I thought I would give it a try.

I'm hoping it falls somewhere between a Roc3 and a Gator. If it borders on Gator stability then it isn't really what I'm looking for.

No. The bottom isn't dyed. I thought maybe it looked like a DIY job but it doesn't look bad. There isn't a scuff on it and I seriously doubt it has been thrown so for $10 in the used bin I thought I would give it a try.

I'm hoping it falls somewhere between a Roc3 and a Gator. If it borders on Gator stability then it isn't really what I'm looking for.

I've heard of the Recluse being a Gator with more glide. If you like Legacy plastic and a beadless mid, I'd say the Pursuit is what you want. I personally like the Icon plastic.

The Icon plastic is decent although it reminds me a lot of the recent Discraft ESP.

As far as the Recluse, a Gator with more glide or distance might be intriguing. Might not be exactly what I was hoping for but I'll definitely toss it around and see what I think.

I got in one of the Aztec Serpent Patrick Brown Badger's today and yes, it is as OS as they come. Looks like the Badger is Legacy's answer to the Discmania Mutant. This disc should be getting it's own thread pretty soon. :clap:
Does anybody know what the deal is with these Aztec Serpent-stamped Badger's? I was under the impression that the Badger was flat; the Aztec Serpent I have has a pop-top dome. It's a really weird looking disc; the top and wing design don't mesh at all so it's got an almost grove top feel leading to a huge pop-top dome. Is that what these are supposed to look like?

I've heard of the Recluse being a Gator with more glide.
I've been throwing the Recluse for a good long while now in Icon plastic, and I can tell you confidently that it does not have more glide than a Star Gator. Both are pretty brick-like. I find the Ghost to be one of the most versatile mids out there (especially in the crazy amounts of different plastic types it's been run in) but one thing it cant do is purely OS, dump fade, wind fighting, torque resistant utility...and that's where the Recluse comes in for me.

As an aside, Recluses can be somewhat hard to find in the wild but every Grinder mystery box I've ordered (and Ive ordered more than is financially advisable) has come with one. :hfive:

What do you all think the long term prospects are for Legacy? I rarely see it around here and would hate to see it go away.

What do you all think the long term prospects are for Legacy? I rarely see it around here and would hate to see it go away.

My local disc golf store stopped carrying Legacy discs...the sales were low so they moved to carrying another brand. Legacy is a pretty small company, so they may be having trouble keeping up with the demand from their players along with their fans.

Man, I really like their fairway drivers. I bag a Rival and an Enemy. I've bagged Patriots in the past, but they're colors make them a bit seasonal and I haven't put them back in the bag since last spring.

Hope they stick around.

Man, I really like their fairway drivers. I bag a Rival and an Enemy. I've bagged Patriots in the past, but they're colors make them a bit seasonal and I haven't put them back in the bag since last spring.

Hope they stick around.

I like the Clutch, Rival, Phenom, and the Phantom Warrior (Drew Gibson redesigned Rival). I wish they would come out with the Phantom Warrior in better colors....the two I have are difficult to find when I throw them on a bad line. But right now, all my Legacy discs sit on my shelf since I can't replace them easily.

That's also happening with other small brands....which is frustrating. But hopefully they will all recover and be able to get discs back out.

Latest posts