• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I guess I'm just surprised at the extent of the difference more than anything. I was thinking of buying a slightly lighter Star Teebird (also 170g?) to get even more variety out of the two discs.

Does it flip flat for you, or perhaps turn even more? Cause you say it is overstable, but does that mean it never turns for you at all? Even a brand new teebird should turn a bit and just fade back really hard. After a few months of usage, I am able to get my teebirds to turn more and more. The fade doesn't really go away for a while though....
A brand new Teebird shouldn't turn, its numbers are 7,5,0,2 :) Unless maybe you're throwing a DX or something. But that's just my 2 cents. I thought it was odd that you said new Birds should turn. Not in my limited experience, at least.

Teebird love! My Star Teebird is my go-to driver and I love it. Actually, I guess I wanted to comment here just because I was trying to throw my TB hyzer, flat, and anhyzer but it mostly wanted to fight back out of a good turn. This is the reason I say my TB is more overstable than my Saint ("overstable" control driver) which will actually turn pretty well. TB is a straight shooter with some fade.

A brand new Teebird shouldn't turn, its numbers are 7,5,0,2 :) Unless maybe you're throwing a DX or something. But that's just my 2 cents. I thought it was odd that you said new Birds should turn. Not in my limited experience, at least.

Teebird love! My Star Teebird is my go-to driver and I love it. Actually, I guess I wanted to comment here just because I was trying to throw my TB hyzer, flat, and anhyzer but it mostly wanted to fight back out of a good turn. This is the reason I say my TB is more overstable than my Saint ("overstable" control driver) which will actually turn pretty well. TB is a straight shooter with some fade.

Perhaps I was wrong. In my memory, when I first got my star teebird, I was sure that I was throwing it slightly hyzer and that it would flip flat. That's what I meant by "turn a bit". I could have been actually throwing it flat. But I do notice that over time, it turns more and more, but always comes back with good fade.

Perhaps I was wrong. In my memory, when I first got my star teebird, I was sure that I was throwing it slightly hyzer and that it would flip flat. That's what I meant by "turn a bit". I could have been actually throwing it flat. But I do notice that over time, it turns more and more, but always comes back with good fade.
I mean, it's possible. Considering how many different runs/variations there are some probably fly differently. My Bird is pretty domey as well, so I dunno if that might affect it. I don't think I've tried hyzer flipping mine so I might test it out. They probably do develop some turn after a while but I guess mine isn't there yet.

Now I want to go throw! Too bad we just got a bunch of snow. I can't take not disc golfing much longer! :(

I mean, it's possible. Considering how many different runs/variations there are some probably fly differently. My Bird is pretty domey as well, so I dunno if that might affect it. I don't think I've tried hyzer flipping mine so I might test it out. They probably do develop some turn after a while but I guess mine isn't there yet.

Now I want to go throw! Too bad we just got a bunch of snow. I can't take not disc golfing much longer! :(

Well domey tops should typically turn easier than flat tops, which are often more overstable. My teebird does feel a bit domey, in that I can squish the top with my thumbs almost like its a giant bubble. But I definitely can't do the same to my champ teebird, which is "more flat". But its so unnoticable when looking at the side profile.

And just go play anyways!

yeah

I've thrown a crap ton of teebirds and I've never had a star flip that quickly when new.

Well domey tops should typically turn easier than flat tops, which are often more overstable. My teebird does feel a bit domey, in that I can squish the top with my thumbs almost like its a giant bubble. But I definitely can't do the same to my champ teebird, which is "more flat". But its so unnoticable when looking at the side profile.

And just go play anyways!
Right right. Haha you know, I would go play in the snow but I just feel like I would lose a disc or break one... although in reality I don't have any snow boots besides my snowboard boots, and I don't feel like having sopping wet, ice cold feet :doh: Eh, excuses, excuses. This is why we need an indoor disc golf driving range!

I sure would like to try one of those G spot Teebirds. Maybe that will be my next Bird once mine is worn.

Does anyone here throw the lowly DX Teebird. I got 5 of them and just recently had a chance to throe them. They are a 146, a 147 and three 150's. I've got a noodle arm. They all flipped and turned for me, but not too much. I LIKE 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone here throw the lowly DX Teebird. I got 5 of them and just recently had a chance to throe them. They are a 146, a 147 and three 150's. I've got a noodle arm. They all flipped and turned for me, but not too much. I LIKE 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!

i've thrown DX and glow DX. these discs are great for newer players but after awhile will get flippy. again great discs for newbies to learn how to cycle a mold.

I received two GStar Teebirds in the mail today. One was 172 Orange, the other 173 Blue (Thanks Marshall St for weighing them!) Dome (mild) and PLH was similar (at least according to my poor eyesight) The couple of Practice throws I had with them went well. Flight wise they flew like my Champion Teebirds with the main difference being they felt much better in my hand in the 20 degree weather.

I'm excited to get some more throws in with them when I can!

How do you guys suppose GStar is going to hold up in Austin during the summer? Is it going to turn into a puddle of molten plastic under the basket?

Latest posts