• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I'm a newbie to the game, only been throwing for around 3 months, and I am absolutely in love with the Tee-bird! So much so that I own 3 of them. 2 DX plastics 157 & 168g, and a Champion 170g. I have such confidence in the Tee-bird that I know anytime I error, it's just me. I'm going to be a long time needing a higher speed disc than this one.:)

can't confirm that back story but those are definitely grippy teebirds

Huh, learn something new everyday. I knew the first started plastic overlapped briefly with 11x (2006) but was envisioning a 11x stamp on star plastic

It does say they were an older run but with a recent stamp. I guess the hope is that they were sitting in a warehouse for years before being found. Who knows...

One of my favorite teebirds of all time was an old S-TB. These have the S-TB so I did buy a coupe when the price was cheaper. Pretty decent but I haven't taken the time to full season any of them. G-star kinda made that not necessary.

That's a nice story and all, but unless it's stamped 11x, I think you'd have a hard time selling them as 11x.

I've got a $1000 bill that was found in the mint, but they stamped it as a $5. Now pay me $1000, plus a premium, for it.

pm sent

Yeah, I guess I am really sorry I told you that a company I don't control made a disc I bought. Oh wait, I don't care. You wanna troll someone, troll Innova. Quit wasting everyone's time, Stardoggy.

In other news, I hit a skip-eagle on a par four with a champion teebird today. I threw my tee shot on this dogleg right with a mamba and it rolled instead of anhyzering. On my second shot I was throwing to get out of trouble on the edge of a creek with a flick and my weight shift was waaaay better than usual. Lots of nose-down and spin, it hit a root sticking out of the ground 25 or so feet from the basket and bounced up into the chains with much force. I thought it bounced out at first, but it stuck!

Anyone toss one of those flat, firm metal flaked TeeBirds from DGV? I've got a few, but haven't thrown them. They are really stiff, and have a flatter profile than stock Teebs. When I asked Mark if he had any 11x Glow Cal-tooled laying around, he replied by telling me he didn't have any he was looking to get rid of, but that he had some of the Flat, Firm TeeBirds. Then he said, "They
would not be as flat or as grippy as the 11x Cal-tooled. They will fly
similarly but not feel the same."

Anyways, the shape feels the same as my 11x, but with the stiffness it has it doesn't have the same grip. Not necessarily in a bad way though.

[ QUOTE=OlyWA Kenobi;2607766]Anyone toss one of those flat, firm metal flaked TeeBirds from DGV? I've got a few, but haven't thrown them. They are really stiff, and have a flatter profile than stock Teebs. When I asked Mark if he had any 11x Glow Cal-tooled laying around, he replied by telling me he didn't have any he was looking to get rid of, but that he had some of the Flat, Firm TeeBirds. Then he said, "They
would not be as flat or as grippy as the 11x Cal-tooled. They will fly
similarly but not feel the same."

Anyways, the shape feels the same as my 11x, but with the stiffness it has it doesn't have the same grip. Not necessarily in a bad way though.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I have had three (not from dgv). They are pretty dang overstable, almost bansheeish.