• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] force or surge

cody420

I need a dependable long driving disc. I am currently in between a force or a surge. What would you sugest or is there another I should be looking at?

Personally I'm a big fan of the Surge SS, but I recently picked up a DGA Rogue, because the store owner told me it was the Surge SS in better plastic and I have to admit that he was right. Sweet disc, and I think DGA just might have the highest quality plastic out there...

Haven't thrown a Surge, but I can tell you that unless you want a good hook (fade) at the end of your drives a Force is not going to be the best choice for you.

I do use my force for a predictable line with fade into a headwind...

i love them both to death. i almost always have a pair of each one in my bag- they are both my "go to" driver.

i prefer the force over the surge but they're both excellent drivers.

i'd also recommend the avenger ss.

I need a dependable long driving disc. I am currently in between a force or a surge. What would you sugest or is there another I should be looking at?

How far are you throwing and what is your current distance driver?

What type of flight do you want out of the new distance driver?

Force is nothing like a monster. It has way more glide and a lot more turn.

Exactly. You can turn a Force over way easier than a monster. Sadly, I just threw my only Force into a lake yesterday. Good thing I have plenty of destroyers.

Apples and oranges for me. Both the Surge and the FLX Surge SS and straight up Surge are very dependable. LHFH slight left, straight and right. Go to drivers. I didn't have the speed needed to get the Force to do anything but a big left hook that didn't go very far. The FLX is a little squirrely into a headwind.

How far are you throwing and what is your current distance driver?

What type of flight do you want out of the new distance driver?

this is the better question.

If you can hit 350 I say Surge.
If you can't hit 350 I say something slower, like an OLF, Striker, PD, Avenger, Orc, Riot (I don't have a problem with the rim).

I absolutly love my surge ss elite z. It's fantastic and has lots of glide. Though discraft says it's slightly overstable it dies a little understable unless you have the arm and the distance to really push it to it's design.

these are two very different discs...if you have the arm, carry both and use them for different and appropriate situations

I carry and love both. Like others have said, they're very different discs so it really depends on your abilities and what you want out of the disc. Force will fly straight with a hard hyzer at the end. Surge is much flippier and will S on you. Force is good into a headwind, Surge is not.

I play in Oklahoma, so if I had to pick one, it'd be the Force because the wind situation makes the Surge a lot less predictable in many situations. However, I love and use both depending on the situation.

this is the better question.

If you can hit 350 I say Surge.
If you can't hit 350 I say something slower, like an OLF, Striker, PD, Avenger, Orc, Riot (I don't have a problem with the rim).

If you can´t hit 350 the Surge would still be the better choice.
THE discs marked red is way more stable and harder for a beginner to throw and the Riot is in the same line as the force but with less speed and more fade.The ORC is even more stable then a riot but the striker and avenger are more straight fliers but not as long as a surge when it comes to easy distance.

Latest posts