• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FOUND CUSTOM ORANGE TEEBIRD AT WINDWOOD, CYPRESS TX

kpc2004

Double Eagle Member
hey guys, i found a custom teebird today at windwood church course in cypress texas...if anyone recognizes it, PM me cause i know someone is probably missing this pretty badly. i called the number and it kept ringing no voicemail or answering machine...it did this all 3 times i called. if you claim it, be ready to tell me everything written on the bottom and answer any other questions i may have to identify it so it makes its way back to the rightful owner!! here is a pic...

tbd.jpg

i had to clean it up pretty good and from the looks of it when i found it, it had been there for quite a while so i assumed the person who lost it would have most likely assumed it was found and kept so i wanted to make an effort to return it myself, but then the number never went through so now im trying to find them online...im gonna try calling them again tomorrow cause it could possibly have been a home number w/ one line for phone/internet and they were online or something and never connected or maybe they were on a phone call on the other line causing it to skip the answering machine...who knows, if all else fails ill end up taking it back up to the church

i had to clean it up pretty good and from the looks of it when i found it, it had been there for quite a while so i assumed the person who lost it would have most likely assumed it was found and kept so i wanted to make an effort to return it myself, but then the number never went through so now im trying to find them online...im gonna try calling them again tomorrow cause it could possibly have been a home number w/ one line for phone/internet and they were online or something and never connected or maybe they were on a phone call on the other line causing it to skip the answering machine...who knows, if all else fails ill end up taking it back up to the church

Regardless of whether or not you are successful in returning it, you are a good man for trying.

hey chase, do you know if the church makes an effort to return them? cause if so, then you're right that would be a much easier way to do it in the future!

cool. i posted a link to this thread on the lost in found thread of our local message board

Regardless of whether or not you are successful in returning it, you are a good man for trying.

well i always return them, except once :doh: and then the owner saw it online and contacted me and politely asked for it back and i actually just returned that one today, feeling a little guilty i might add. i got busted the one time i decided to do the wrong thing haha...its funny, cause when i kept the one that i did, i knew i was doing something wrong but i did it anyways and i actually felt guilty about it so when i got the chance to give it back i tried to get it back to the owner as soon as my busy schedule would allow, and im glad i got it back to him...so i cant take all the credit :wall:

If you find a red Viking near the #8 basket, that is mine. I lost it about a month ago.

if it is in the water then its probably long gone, there were some kids in there yesterday (despite the freezing cold temperature) and something told me they weren't just looking for one they tossed in there cause all 4 of them were waist deep and running around different parts of the creek....the one i found above was past the bridge away from the holes near a dammed up part and it was stuck in some sticks and mud just kinda sitting there. i had to take a second look thinking to myself, "that cant be a disc...there is no way thats a disc....holy crap thats a disc" lol

Hopefully the guy on the phone was named Dave - Davidjd21.

That is my Brother-in-law's disc. He lost it last week, and yes he dyed it and misses it very much. He was on vacation here in Houston with us since they moved, and his phone died. He was probably giddy as a fricking school girl when you called him.

BTW - He actually lost 2 in the water that day (at least we thought it went in the water- hole 10 right?), and I lost a white StarFire (star plastic) on hole 2 on the left side in the brush on the same day - so if anyone sees it I would appreciate the call - since I was borrowing it temporarily from my brother. :eek:

Last edited:
Stupid 5 minute edit limit. So I just got off the phone with Dave and he said you called him this morning. You can leave it at the church, and I can get it tomorrow, or if there is something easier let me know. I can PM you my number if you'd like.

Funny about that throw he made. He was left side of the fairway probably 180 feet out and caught the disc left, and he didn't see it, but I swore to God I saw it hit a tree a fall. But we spent about 30 minutes looking in area before the bridge and just assumed the disc was lost forever to the water. Kind of like the spot by #5 - deep stuff. Anyway - thanks for actually being a cool guy and returning the disc. Not many people would give back a disc with a sweet dye job.

BTW - Dave, if you read this - you really need to post pics of your other dyes. The man does good work.

well i always return them, except once :doh: and then the owner saw it online and contacted me and politely asked for it back and i actually just returned that one today, feeling a little guilty i might add. i got busted the one time i decided to do the wrong thing haha...its funny, cause when i kept the one that i did, i knew i was doing something wrong but i did it anyways and i actually felt guilty about it so when i got the chance to give it back i tried to get it back to the owner as soon as my busy schedule would allow, and im glad i got it back to him...so i cant take all the credit :wall:
beavisbutthead.gif
You rock for always returning discs. That's the right attitude.

Stupid 5 minute edit limit. So I just got off the phone with Dave and he said you called him this morning. You can leave it at the church, and I can get it tomorrow, or if there is something easier let me know. I can PM you my number if you'd like.

Funny about that throw he made. He was left side of the fairway probably 180 feet out and caught the disc left, and he didn't see it, but I swore to God I saw it hit a tree a fall. But we spent about 30 minutes looking in area before the bridge and just assumed the disc was lost forever to the water. Kind of like the spot by #5 - deep stuff. Anyway - thanks for actually being a cool guy and returning the disc. Not many people would give back a disc with a sweet dye job.

BTW - Dave, if you read this - you really need to post pics of your other dyes. The man does good work.

i took the disc to the church this afternoon its behind the counter waiting to be picked up....and a dye like that i know someone wanted it back haha....it was like 20 feet past the bridge when i found it so i dont know if it was in the water and got carried downstream in a storm since then or what cause it was a good ways down there lol

Cool. Thanks again! :)

Funny (if that's the word you choose) side note - my brother will probably post this and tell it better than me, but he had a guy call him the other day and said he had his disc he lost at Bear Branch. The guy then says - so...can I keep it?
My brother says, well...I'd really like it back...
The A@@hole replies, hmmm... well I'm going to keep it anyway. Merry Christmas! Then hangs up the phone with buddies laughing in the background. blocked number.

Note to Chase - you got a lot of douchebags that play at your home course. Like I say, David will probably tell it better than me, but can you believe that crap? You know what - I hope that guy gets on this site, so we can find out who he is and leave him a bag a burning crap on his front door step.

Anyone else ever have this happen to them???

come to think of it, ive run into a deuche bag or two at bear branch myself...one time this dude was in the water and my buddy threw it in and the guy was like ill get it for you and then tried to tell us the one he found wasnt the one we just threw in b/c it didnt have my friends name or number on the back...my friend was like "listen here man, there is 4 of us and 1 of you so im pretty sure you are gonna give it back" and he did lol

at least he is getting one disc back though...

Cool. Thanks again! :)

Funny (if that's the word you choose) side note - my brother will probably post this and tell it better than me, but he had a guy call him the other day and said he had his disc he lost at Bear Branch. The guy then says - so...can I keep it?
My brother says, well...I'd really like it back...
The A@@hole replies, hmmm... well I'm going to keep it anyway. Merry Christmas! Then hangs up the phone with buddies laughing in the background. blocked number.

Note to Chase - you got a lot of douchebags that play at your home course. Like I say, David will probably tell it better than me, but can you believe that crap? You know what - I hope that guy gets on this site, so we can find out who he is and leave him a bag a burning crap on his front door step.

Anyone else ever have this happen to them???

Yea, Bear Branch blows. I don't really consider it my home course anymore. I prefer Spring Valley. I feel unsafe with leaving a throw unattended when I play Bear Branch. I used to pull discs from the pond and call people back, but that got pretty time consuming and nasty after awhile. The lack of etiquette for the players out there is really a bummer because it's a great beginner/casual round course