• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FPDCC unveils master plan, could include Disc Golf

warstar011

The Forest Preserve District of Cook County in Illinois unveiled its master plan a few days ago and it could include Disc Golf.
Check out the PDF of the master plan here:
http://fpdcc.com/recreation-master-plan/
This could be a great opportunity for the sport! I am going to email a few people there and others should also to show them there is a desire for more courses in this area.

Exciting news! I've long hoped they would get involved with disc golf. They have the best land and the resources to make high quality courses. Cook County certainly needs some quality courses.

Encourage them to let someone besides Midwest Disc Golf design the courses, and you will get quality courses.

Call Dick Parker at disc golf world in KCMO to design it, you wont regret it.

At this point they haven't committed to anything disc golf related. They did a survey of park users at the end of the summer last year and disc golf only got mediocre support while other activities got better results. I think they need a nudge of support to proceed with any disc golf plans. They have millions of dollars to work with so hopefully they will put it in the budget.

Latest posts