• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frisco Texas

First review is up and he absolutly slams it. 1 star rating and equates it with playing putt putt. I can't dispute much of what he said but I think the course is at least a 2.5 if not a 3. I also think courses like this, that are very friendly to the new player, do more for the sport than a course like Harry Myers. Yes the holes are short but a lot of them have small gaps to hit.

I've always thought that courses should be reviewed for what they are and who they are designed for. This course shouldn't be compaired to something like Selah Ranch, they cater to different people.

Just added mine. I think its funny that a city puts in a nice course and people have to bag on it cause its short. I mean $hit, if you dont like it fine but dont give it a rating of other poo courses that the city doesnt care about like Coppell or Rowlett. Some idiots just blow my mind

I was going to give it a 2, a 3 if they mowed it. But I refuse to review it until after the grand opening.

It's a fun course and in my mind it's similiar to Alex Clark in it's appeal. The designer didn't have a ton of space to work with so there are short holes, to compensate he made tight fairways. Makes sense to me.

Maybe I should review it now; I did play it 3 times on Monday after all lol.

and that was my point. any course rated 1 star in dfw is a course that is unplayable because the city doesn't care to maintain the property.

Whats kind of funny is the guy that bashed it was from the colony. Man the original 9 there was so awesome, why'd they ever replace that jewel?

I think Ron needs to review it, but wait until he moves to WPB, so the review won't have that "homey" feel to it!

Rowlett is def. the worst course in DFW, with Coppell not far behind. They deserve a 1 rating. This course was obviously not meant to be a championship course, but as long as it not full of quirky, head scratching holes, and has a logical flow, easy to navigate, etc., it should rate at least a 3, IMO.

People will always complain...put a course in that is 7500 feet and in the woods, or not for that matter, and all the sudden its too long. Put in a rookie course at 3500 feet or whatever that course is and, "F" it, its worthless, why did they waste the money, whatever. Then they will talk about why will disc golf never get big time? If every course was the same, why would there need to be multiple courses?

Worst course in DFW is the princeton course. Has Bo fairways, no paths, no teepads, no teesigns. And is missing a basket. On the plus side it does have 8 new baskets! Good for hiding in the woods and practicing putting I guess? To be fair though I think they are still doing construction in the area.

Worst course in DFW is the princeton course. Has Bo fairways, no paths, no teepads, no teesigns. And is missing a basket. On the plus side it does have 8 new baskets! Good for hiding in the woods and practicing putting I guess? To be fair though I think they are still doing construction in the area.

You have not seen Andrew Brown in Coppel. Notice I didn't say played, I'm not sure if it is possible to play that "course".

Princeton would be ok if it had bridges in two spots and regular maintanance. It wasn't a terrible course when I played it. I'd have to drive past Bethany Lakes, Alex Clark and Towne Lake to get to it though, so I've never gone back, sounds like they just let it rot.

I'd like to nominate Shawnee as the worst, the only coures I can think of where I don't want to take my son for fear of him getting killed by a disc. and I used to enjoy that course back when it was a 9er.

I'll make sure not to add coppell to my wish list for the summer then lol.

So far I've got Denison and rockwall as my next two short trip courses (under an hour drive for both)

You have not seen Andrew Brown in Coppel. Notice I didn't say played, I'm not sure if it is possible to play that "course".

Princeton would be ok if it had bridges in two spots and regular maintanance. It wasn't a terrible course when I played it. I'd have to drive past Bethany Lakes, Alex Clark and Towne Lake to get to it though, so I've never gone back, sounds like they just let it rot.

I'd like to nominate Shawnee as the worst, the only coures I can think of where I don't want to take my son for fear of him getting killed by a disc. and I used to enjoy that course back when it was a 9er.

I'm moving in 2 weeks and will be able to walk to Andew Brown. Looks like I'll be emailing them and asking them if they can clean that ****ty course up. If nothing else there is some open fields for practice

I'm moving in 2 weeks and will be able to walk to Andew Brown. Looks like I'll be emailing them and asking them if they can clean that ****ty course up. If nothing else there is some open fields for practice

I tried that a few years ago. Basically told them that Disc Golf is popular enough in this are to have any good course packed with people and they had a course that was unplayable with several terrible holes. One of them was about 80' long with the lake/pond a few feet behind the basket. The responce was good and they said they planned to clear out the overgrowth and make it playable but I don't belive they ever did anything.

I played the Frisco course today. It is what it is, so if you don't like short courses, don't play it. I knew I was in for a special experience when I saw the practice basket. I won't give it away, but I haven't seen another one quite like it in the area.

Worst course in DFW is definitely Springfield Park in Rowlett. No question. The POW camp had signs and 9 baskets when I played it. Even rough, it's better than Springfield. As for Andrew Brown, at least it has something is the woods...

Frisco was kind of fun with two putters and a Buzzz.

Latest posts