• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frolf vs. Disc Golf

Just heard my buddy say frolf while 'singing round the collar' after way too much Jim Beam....
FFFFRRRROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!

i'm from buffalo, and i play at the ridge all the time
i call it frolf just because it sounds better than disc golf, still the same thing, but frolf just rolls of the tounge better

i dont know whats the big deal. When texting my disc golf buddies i use 'Folf' and when im talking and too lazy to say disc golf i say folf as a joke.

I think its funny that it would be 'taboo' to say folf or frolf. If you think that then u take Disc FROLF toooooo serious.

Let's all agree to drop the terms Frolf and Cali from our DG vocabulary. Both terms are lame. Instead, let's call them by their propper terms: Disc Golf and Odd-Man. Those terms sound less gimicky.
DSCJNKY

Me and my friends who play call it frolf regularly. we have heard other people use the term frolf here in missouri as well. I usually say frisbee golf or frolf because its easier to say and people tend to understand it better then disc golf

Let's all agree to drop the terms Frolf and Cali from our DG vocabulary. Both terms are lame. Instead, let's call them by their propper terms: Disc Golf and Odd-Man. Those terms sound less gimicky.
DSCJNKY
telling a noob he gets to play Cali-style(cause your so cool) sounds alot better than your gonna be the odd-man out(because we all hate you):)

telling a noob he gets to play Cali-style(cause your so cool) sounds alot better than your gonna be the odd-man out(because we all hate you):)

Think that might be reading into the term a little much

Im just saying when I started I never thought odd man (and its odd man, not odd man out) was bad and never thought that everyone hated me or hated playing with me when it happened. Its the luck of the draw and have never seen anyone take it badly

I personally enjoy the term frolf. not everything in life should be taken so seriously. when i am playing in a more competitive enviroment, or tournament, to me i am playing disc golf, pure and simple. but 95% of the time i'm just out enjoying a good walk, playing the great mental battle that comes with the game, when i am doing that, i call it frolf. i just find it amusing that the "serious" players are so offended by the term. because in all honesty, we are still just throwing plastic around in the woods. when people have never seen the sport and they see it (which was all of us at one point, me, not so long ago) they do see a bunch of grown men throwing "frisbees" at strange metal objects. so like i said, it's supposed to be fun, that's why i use the term FROLF.

I think we should start calling ball golf "bolf" and disc golf can be just golf

It's a random draw... even a noob can see that. It's not like we just said "you're new, so you're the odd-man". (By the way, I'll be the odd-man any day of the week please... people might end up hating me for it, but that's different).

What's worse is when one of the "pros" who draws a noob makes a scene of having drawn the noob. That's when the noob feels like ****, because he knows he is not wanted.

The main point is... Cali doesn't even sound cool... and, Frolf sounds worse. Let's get some respect in the sports world by not sounding goofy.
DSCJNKY

I embrace silliness, so I like calling it frolf. A guy I work with calls it "gwad" for golf with a disc.

It's called Disc Golf. Frolf designates that your playing with a frisbie, which is copywrited. A frisbie and a disc are very diffrent things and they throw wayyyy diffrent. So unless your busting out an old whamo frisbie, I don't want to hear it called frolf. :p