• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frolf vs. Disc Golf

just so we are all clear, i never made the comment that I thought we are losers. i made the statement that outsiders look in on the sport as a bunch of "losers." i was simply saying it works to our advantage, since it sort of wittles down the less desirable types from the sport. i disc as much as anyone, i don't have a job and my girlfriend is better than me so, trust me, i play a lot. and i do not consider myself or anyone else a loser. by the way i watched my girlfriend ace a hole at davidson college today. i followed by yanking one out in the brush, ha ha.

...Seinfeld... Good episode (weren't they all!)

No. Never liked that show, in my opinion, the beginning of the end of good sitcoms.

Also, have you ever noticed that 'Golf' spelled backwards is 'Flog'? just sayin':D

Around here Frolf is the only thing it's called, calling it disc golf sounds almost strange, as weird as that may sound. I have started trying to call it differently, but it's a hard habit to break.

ssejhill, the sign I mentioned in my first post was actually spotted at Chestnut Ridge. It was a tournament flier. I guess there are some people in the Buffalo area that are pretty serious when it comes to what the sport is called :)

That's it right there. No one calls it frolf besides punk Ridge Rats. I'm sure they were being facetious.

I just did a nice clean up of all 18 holes there this Saturday and it almost looks like a nice course. Still cig butts everywhere though. Scored a +4 there yesterday! Best score on that course ever!

I'm really having a hard time figuring out why people hate the term Frolf so much. I get it, they're not frisbees, they're discs, but who really cares what it's called. Plus, you sound like a tool when you correct someone for it. You don't need to take life so damn serious.

I'm really having a hard time figuring out why people hate the term Frolf so much. I get it, they're not frisbees, they're discs, but who really cares what it's called. Plus, you sound like a tool when you correct someone for it. You don't need to take life so damn serious.

Because it sounds a lot like homosexual sex.

but homosexual sex and frolf have a lot in common. there's usually not a lot of courses in the same area so you have to travel to find some of your own kind, when you go for the hole there is a ton of shule in the way that can be hard to get through, you're wife probably doesn't want you going so you sneak in rounds without her knowing -- alright I took this a little too far...

but homosexual sex and frolf have a lot in common. there's usually not a lot of courses in the same area so you have to travel to find some of your own kind, when you go for the hole there is a ton of shule in the way that can be hard to get through, you're wife probably doesn't want you going so you sneak in rounds without her knowing -- alright I took this a little too far...
I would argue that you didn't take it far enough.

listed worst - least worst

gawd
dolf
frolf

I have adopted the term "discing" as my new favorite.

it helps aviod using the word golf. We don't golf, we disc.

I use code...Hey honey, wanna go bang some midgets?...that means play a 9 holer...

People seem to get less offended this way...