• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway Mini Backpack vs Gateway Ozark

mflores

Par Member
I'm currently debating on getting the Ozark or the Mini Backpack. Does anyone have any pics/reviews of both? I only carry 16-18 discs max. I currently have a Ranger bag that I just do not really care for. I had a grip and loved it but did not like the newer run that they sent me for replacement. I also enjoy the price point on the gateway bags and I already throw a lot of their plastic so why not add a bag :).

Any opinions/pics would be very helpful.

Thanks

Have had the mini backpack for a few years now, and have been very happy with it.
Rides high and tight on the back, very comfortable.
I typically carry up to 16 discs all in the main compartment, but you can get another one in there plus 2-3 in the putter pocket if needed (20 total).
Good storage, but it doesn't have any huge compartments....can carry everything one needs except for extra jacket/sweatshirt etc.
Durable and cleans easily enough.
I built an interior pvc frame, and plasti-dipped the bottom which helped out tremendously.

Recommended for anyone who wants 15-20 disc capacity backpack.

I've had every Gateway backpack available.
They are a no frills DG bag that is very underrated on the market today.

I would suggest the backpack or mini backpack to anyone looking for a new bag. They are light, comfortable and effective.
The Ozark is also an awesome bag but I found that it is almost too large. The sides tend to droop and it just overall isn't as user friendly as the other two bags. That said, if you like to carry twelve beers, a hoodie and a stool... this bag is your winner lol.

What didn't you like about the ranger, I had a grip when they came out years ago but wanted more storage. I haven't had a backpack for years and was thinking of a ranger (also if you sell yours.... I might be interested in it)

Latest posts