• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Spear

Three Putt

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Per facembooks; the Spear is:
weird Gateway-freak dude I know said:
Think Leopard 3 but better in the hand. They have a late hyzer-stand up and they bomb

Until he mentioned the disc to me yesterday, I'd never heard of it. Approved 2/13/19. Anybody seen or heard of this disc?

picture.php

I have one of the prototypes but it's not nearly as understable as advertised. More like a -1 turn than a -2 or -3 as labeled. I still prefer the newer diamond assassins.

Just got a diamond spear yesterday and it sure does fly well. Mine had no turn up to about 350 after that it turns gently with a very mild fade. I am very impressed with such a workable disc out of the box. I am sure once the new wears off it will be a good hyzer flip straight disc.

Just got a diamond spear yesterday and it sure does fly well. Mine had no turn up to about 350 after that it turns gently with a very mild fade. I am very impressed with such a workable disc out of the box. I am sure once the new wears off it will be a good hyzer flip straight disc.

That sounds like a US Valkyrie or an OS Road Runner.

I know it's just artistic license, or whatever, but why would you attach a chain to the end of your spear? Gonna throw off the balance.

Grabbed some Diablos and Ninjas off of this video.

Tried the Diablo, for me it seemed less glidey and more overstable as advertised, though I am digging the Ninja, the Apache wasn't a bad driver, but taking that wing with a new top made for a great driver. Some scoff at a beaded driver, but I think it rips well from the hand unlike the Samurai which was awkward for me.

If you throw one, does that necessarily mean you're a that make you a Spear Chucker?

:eek:

<-- is 5'6" and can only pick low hanging fruit

Tried the Diablo, for me it seemed less glidey and more overstable as advertised, though I am digging the Ninja, the Apache wasn't a bad driver, but taking that wing with a new top made for a great driver. Some scoff at a beaded driver, but I think it rips well from the hand unlike the Samurai which was awkward for me.

Very interesting, thank you. I grabbed some lightweight Diablos and was considering the Apache but couldn't find it in Diamond. Sounds like the Diablo might work for me, it's windy season yearly where I'm at.

Local guy is Gateway sponsored. He is back to a mixed bag I think but Spear is a workhorse for him. I don't know their plastics but the stability does seem to vary and he has a super flippy one and a hyzerflip to dead straight. He's a lefty so uses that long slow LHBH turnover a lot. I would say very Valkyrie like.

The blade I have probably needs to be beat up. It dives into the ground rather than fade.

Very interesting, thank you. I grabbed some lightweight Diablos and was considering the Apache but couldn't find it in Diamond. Sounds like the Diablo might work for me, it's windy season yearly where I'm at.

I never got on with the Apache. The diablo is a nice and stable, but it may also be worth looking into the blade. Especially in hd if you are looking for OS. Gateway is running a decent special if you want spear and blade in HD. Which is their flattest premium plastic in all of their discs that I got in my recent shopping spree.

https://gatewaydiscsportsdirect.bigcartel.com/product/spear-and-blade-driver-combo

Believe they are also doing free shipping as well. I will try and find the code.

I never got on with the Apache. The diablo is a nice and stable, but it may also be worth looking into the blade. Especially in hd if you are looking for OS. Gateway is running a decent special if you want spear and blade in HD. Which is their flattest premium plastic in all of their discs that I got in my recent shopping spree.

https://gatewaydiscsportsdirect.bigcartel.com/product/spear-and-blade-driver-combo

Believe they are also doing free shipping as well. I will try and find the code.

I grabbed the two pack of HD Blazes. Currently really loving these, very Banshee-esque, similar to a pop-top Star Teebird3 in stability with the brick-like flight of an FL. I'm really feeling them as perfection for the overstable Teebird slot.