• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Voodoo

Harvy B.

Par Member
I love my Gateway Voodoos, and I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there who rocks them? I don't see many people playing them on our local courses, which could just be a local thing. (I'm getting concerned that they may stop producing them or slowing production).
I know most people who like gateway putters use the Wizard (and for good reason it is a great disc as well, I just don't like the bead) and I know a ton of people who throw Magics, and I never see Warlocks (also curious why?).
So is there anyone else out there who throws the Voodoo? If so, what do you like? If not, what don't you like?

(I tried to search for a thread like this but failed so I hope I didn't just overlook it. I apologize if this is a repeat thread, I just want to satisfy my inquisitive nature.)

I putt with voodoos bro! I was going through threads and saw this and was like finally a thread for my putter! I have two SS that I use mostly. I love them so much! :D

I've recently fallen in love with an anode for putting, but before that I had used SSS Voodoos since I began playing. Still love them for approaches, especially holes that drop off behind the basket. They hit and stick to the ground. Love it.

I'm all over sss voodoos, great flight and feel. Got 3 in my bag at all times.......

When they hit the ground, they stick. I use them for anything off the tee under 310. The only thing that sucks about the sss is they tend to get lumpy after use (I can't stand lumpy putters). I go throw atleast 3 or 4 a year because of that. All around great putter though. I know they don't sell that well for Gateway, but I don't see them going oop anytime soon.

Last edited:
Have an SS voodoo that I LOVE the feel of. I go back and forth between that and the P2. both are nice discs

I love the Voodoo too, but lately have been going between the Anode, Ridge, and Voodoo on the course. Not sure why, as a buddy pointed out to me that between putting practice and actual rounds, I've never thrown a single disc as many times as I've thrown the Voodoo (I have almost 20 in the garage! :eek:). If I could mix the consistent feel and depth of the Ridge, the rim profile of the Anode, and the flight of the Voodoo, it would be the perfect putter for me.

I'm a pretty devout thrower of the Voodoo. Its shape feels awesome in my hand, and I love Gateway plastic. Right now I bag a floppy SSS and a pretty firm Superglow; still figuring out which feel I prefer.

Only putter that has ever come close to feeling as good in my hand is the Vibram Summit - similarly profile, but more shallow, so it fits even more easily into the hand. I'm trying to avoid switching though: the Voodoo does the job and then some, and is perfect for my barely-rotating lob putts, so switching to the Summit would only come from the (not very fruitful) desire for novelty.

My only complaint is that they can get pushed around in the windy New Orleanian environment. I recently bagged VPs for approach shots, so I now have a windy day putter. I suppose I could switch to putting exclusively with the VPs and cut down on a mold, but I like the feel of Voodoos, I'm familiar with them, and their superior glide is helpful for me, since I tend to throw too short.

Good, underrated disc. I'd like to get my hand on an Eraser Voodoo (just saw them advertised on facebook yesterday; not up for buying a stack of 5, though).

I got two SS VooDoos. They are the shizz, the bee knees, all that and bag of chips. I've had the same two for two years and in all honesty have no plans on retiring them any time soon. The plastic is just so choice, perfect amount of tack, not so grippy that its not like fly paper but not so slick that's like throwing wet champion plastic. I don't use them off the tee anymore as they have become way too flippy. Although if I have to throw a "patent pending" stance these are the discs I reach for cause it only takes like 10% power on the throw too get these babies to flip flat and just glide like 75ft. Greatest putters on earth!!!!!!

My only complaint is that they can get pushed around in the windy New Orleanian environment.

I'll agree with that one, our springs and fall's are pretty windy here and the Voodoo gets knocked about a bit in the wind. It takes a lot of practice to even attempt to compensate for that, especially around the 33 foot mark. It is worth the time though.

I just dig the clean release I get with the Voodoo, I haven't found anything else quite as nice.

I'm stoked there are other fans, that is awesome.

I'll agree with that one, our springs and fall's are pretty windy here and the Voodoo gets knocked about a bit in the wind. It takes a lot of practice to even attempt to compensate for that, especially around the 33 foot mark. It is worth the time though.

I just dig the clean release I get with the Voodoo, I haven't found anything else quite as nice.

I'm stoked there are other fans, that is awesome.

Glad it's not just me re: the wind. I've also had trouble compensating thus far, and feel much more confident just going with an OS putter.

"Clean release" actually summarizes my opinion of them quite well: it's just so easy for me to get them to come out right consistently. I think it's the rounded, not-too-deep profile and the lack of a significant bead coupled with Gateway's killer plastic.

I have never tried the voodoo,but i love gateway plastics. I use a warlock and have tried a lot of other putters but have always gone back to the Warlock.

I've been putting with them since day 1. Paul Ulibarri does too since leaving Innova

I switched to these from my aviar and I don't think I'll ever need to look for a different putter. I love the way they feel in my hand, and they fly very nicely for me on short approaches and putts.

As much as I dig the disc I find that with the voodoo I have sweet spots at some distances though. I do very well with them from 0-23 feet, then 28-35 feet my accuracy improves again (I have a wall at 25 feet that just kills me), then I do well between 50 and 100 feet and nothing in between (wind-free of course). I always wonder if I would have the same issue with other putters?

2 175g SSS Voodoo's and a Medium 165 Voodoo....the heavy SSS's for most putts and the Medium for tight forehand gaps for getting out of trouble near tucked away baskets. I occasionally use a Vibram Summit, but the Voodoos are my main joints.

I'm a big fan of voodoos and actually just today put them back in the bag. I used them for a couple years and switched them out for the ion when they came out. Then moved onto the anode briefly before getting into the pure. I've had zones in the bag for driving forever, but recently started putting with proD ones as well. I'm not sure I'm totally committed to such an overstable putter for my main putter though so I'm going back to the voodoos and will use the zones for driving, utility and wind putter duty.

I like how the voodoo flies as a driver too, but the tangent seems to fill that roll at the moment and is definitely more durable so I'll probably use that in its place off the tee and not beat up my voodoos too much. Love love love the plastic. Have a nice stack of first runs and organics that have a great feel so I should be good to go with them for a while. Should have never been romanced away by the ion in the first place, just led to chaos in my bag.

I've got a Voodoo bag, so I felt compelled to carry a Voodoo putter.

Actually I carry 2 putters, an SSS Wizard and an SSS Voodoo. While the Wiz is my go to putter, the slightly less stable Voodoo is my "trick shot" get out of trouble putter.

I am a long time user of the VooDoo. I have tried other putters but nothing feels as good in my hand (Vibram coming close). I use them for pretty much any shot under 250' including off the tee. I also agree with the sentiment that it comes out of the hand very clean. Although I have plenty for practice, the pair in my bag right now are a matching set of 2012 Worlds stamped RFF VooDoo's.

Last edited: