• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gazelles in "better" plastic

Unless they start making them again I would recommend Leopards or TLs. They're both very close to the Gazelle. The Leopard is slightly less stable and the TL is slightly more stable I believe. But to be honest, they're so close you shouldn't see too much of a difference.

Actually there are lots of differences between the Leopard and the Gazelle. A beat Leopard will flip nicely with a little fade, whereas a Gazelle will stay moderately stable and has a consistant amount of fade, although not as much as a Teebird. Also, the Leopard is not a disc you want to throw in the wind, but the Gazelle is an excellent wind disc. Also, the Leopard cannot handle forehand duties nearly as well as the Gazelle. The stability of the Gazelle means it can handle more snap. I've found the Gazelle and Leopard compliment each other well, but I have found them to be much different.

A couple extra random thoughts on the Gazelle:

I think it may already be discontinued. If you look at what is available in DX, it looks like its just the last of what has already been made. I hope I'm wrong, and I know what homedude at Innova said, but when they can sell 10 Bosses to 1 Gazelle, it just makes financial sense.

I think the Star Gazelle will be a POS. I hope they don't ever make it. CFR however, at least the ones i've felt, are sweet. I would gladly pay 20-25 bucks for a CFR Gazelle. That's what I'm paying for my KC Pro ones already.

Not Gazelle related, but I have to agree with Omega Supersloth, the JLS is a sweet disc.

I'm sure the Gazelle isn't high on the production list. Like you said, they make what they can sell. Smart business, you can't blame them. But I did hear that they were not OOP, from Innova.

We'll see. At minimum, if they make more in DX, then at least they are availabile. And CFR will give us a chance to get the disc in premium plastic. But I am doing well with good old DX.

I never liked the KC Gazelle. In the premium plastic the disc was too overstable and had no glide. The KC Cheetahs were closer IMO to the DX Gazelle. If you are going to go hunting for old OOP KC Pro discs, try out a Cheetah while you are at it.

I looked but couldn't find it. Did find my buds glo buzzz though.
I still haven't given up on that gazelle, nobody really plays that course

My buddy saw a CE Gazelle in the used bin at his PIAS for $7, I told him to go buy it ASAP. He said it was in good shape too except it was inked to death.

Yeah I would've been on that like stink on...

Thanks for reminding me, my weekly PIAS trip is due tomorrow. The guy used to ask me if I was looking for anything...after 5 straight weekly visits he started to ask last week, looked up and said "oh nevermind". I must be one of very few who look through every disc.