• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting new discs/suggestions.

J-Rod

Bogey Member
okay im going to the store today and im getting 1 or 2 discs.
i am a RHFH thrower and i already have these discs:
aviar
roadrunner
#1 flyer

How far do you throw and what are you looking for?

Asside from that, Teebird.

Maybe a Stingray. If you're new to the game, it would make a nice understable mid that you can use as a driver until you get the arm up for the Roadrunner (and the Teebird as Technohic had suggested).

Yes, Teebird was one of my first discs along with a Shark and Stingray. Highly recommend Teebird. When you get used to it and want to try even straiter shots Go for a TL(teebird a little straighter)

Others have said so I'll agree Teebird, I can use it for everything, and every time I haven't used it in a while and come back to I go ah yes this is still my favorite.

I'd go with a Buzz for a mid range as well.

I would recommend getting an extra aviar in the same weight as the one you already have as well, for practice purposes. Plus two of whatever mid-range you decide to pick up. You will thank me later.

Teebird is money. I like the Tracker too. You can't go wrong with a Leopard. It will help you with developing a good BH.

And I agree with the Buzzz too.

Teebird is money. I like the Tracker too. You can't go wrong with a Leopard. It will help you with developing a good BH.

And I agree with the Buzzz too.

Yes, the only reason I didnt say Leopard is the FH aspect, but in all honesty, if you want to be a good FH dominatn player, you probably should be able to control the Leopard.

To go further, I recommend Pro for the Leopard but Forehand you might want to go champ plastic

Yes, the only reason I didnt say Leopard is the FH aspect, but in all honesty, if you want to be a good FH dominatn player, you probably should be able to control the Leopard.

To go further, I recommend Pro for the Leopard but Forehand you might want to go champ plastic

I usually drive FH. And I love my 150g Champ Leopard as well as my 172g Pro Leopard. But I never throw them FH. So like you, I recommend them to develope the BH.

since you are a forehand thrower I would suggest some more stable discs like a Predator, Eagle, Firebird or a Roc. I recommend most the Roc and the Predator.

since you are a forehand thrower I would suggest some more stable discs like a Predator, Eagle, Firebird or a Roc. I recommend most the Roc and the Predator.

+1

If you want to learn BH though, I agree with the others on the Leopard and Buzzz suggestions. Great versatility and utility with those discs. You can make them do lots of different things - I like the "bang for your buck" factor.

I'm kinda in the same situation as J-Rod. I don't know what to get to expand my bag of shots.
Discs i mostly use:
ESP Crush 166g
Pro Wraith 175g
DX Beast 169g
" Aviar
" Wolf 172g

I will try to post a vid of my drives but on a good drive ( when i think i have a good form but probably looks like s**t), i am about 250-275yd.

I'm kinda in the same situation as J-Rod. I don't know what to get to expand my bag of shots.
Discs i mostly use:
ESP Crush 166g
Pro Wraith 175g
DX Beast 169g
" Aviar
" Wolf 172g

I will try to post a vid of my drives but on a good drive ( when i think i have a good form but probably looks like s**t), i am about 250-275yd.

Sorry, 250-275 ft not yards.

It has been mentioned before, but the Eagle is nice for FH.

If you want to work on technique, then maybe something less stable.

In the end, I can FH all of my discs with different degrees of success.

I would see what has a comfortable grip for you and go from there.

Discs i mostly use:
ESP Crush 166g
Pro Wraith 175g
DX Beast 169g
" Aviar
" Wolf 172g

Givent the feet stipulation, I would put away all 3 drivers you have listed there.

For forehand, I stick by the Teebird because it is BHable by most and easy to learn FH with and you can OH it.

It has been mentioned before, but the Eagle is nice for FH.

If you want to work on technique, then maybe something less stable.

In the end, I can FH all of my discs with different degrees of success.

I would see what has a comfortable grip for you and go from there.

Im a righty so i have throw FH but it don't throw it too often because of my elbow. ( Hyper-extended last year during HS Lacrosse)

I usually FH with the wraith because i can control it and to me it's predictable.

im looking for a mid range disc. i can throw more or less 250' with the roadrunner.