• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Glo Z Comet

The glow stability is more of a guideline than a hard and fast rule. With the inconsistency in molding between runs (individual discs really), nothing is guaranteed. This has been said many times before, but, in general (note I said in general), glow discs are more stable than their non-glow counterparts.

This discussion is dumber than a new overstable midrange thread every other day.

Check this guys. Put your feet on the ground get away from the keyboard. Go throw and you will find it to be true.

He asked MJ about glow stability. MJ is the foremost authority on DGCR.

Sure did :). No matter what he says you guys wouldn't believe him anywho bc all of you are discraft sponsored. All of you have a mental retardation if you think Glo comet will fly like a z but hey you guys are the gods of golf. See sig below :)

Last edited:
He asked MJ about glow stability. MJ is the foremost authority on DGCR.

Lol and also he doesnt get infracted for trolling, but i do.

This is my birdman impression.

"No guys its a fact, *asks someone else for their opinion* , see its his opinion, i mean fact too*

The glow stability is more of a guideline than a hard and fast rule. With the inconsistency in molding between runs (individual discs really), nothing is guaranteed. This has been said many times before, but, in general (note I said in general), glow discs are more stable than their non-glow counterparts.

This matches my experience. For a particular mold, the shape of the disc determines how it flies. Certain plastics may tend to shape up more or less stable, but variation is pretty high between (and perhaps within) runs.

A good statistician could tell you how many discs and molds one would need to sample before drawing a statistically significant conclusion. The smaller the variation between sets, and the greater the variation within sets, the larger the number of discs that would need to be tested. I suspect that most of us don't throw that many discs, and our throws may introduce additional variability . . . :)

So - has anyone thrown one of these glow Comets? I would love to hear how they fly . . .

I've had glow Buzzzes that were less stable than my Z's, and glow Teebirds that are less stable than my champs.......so there's that.

best way is to look at PLH i can tell if a disc is flippy based on dome/plh and weight. but again these are just my opinion don't throw thumbers at me!

i like the comets with small circle tooling on the back plate. guess those are originals. those are pretty close to my Z comets but the Z comets had a lot more wear on them and can't really throw a comet into a 20 mph headwind and make any sense of what is happening.

Damn you discraft, I already have way too many comets. I've always liked their glow stamp with the moon. Can't wait to get a few of these!!!

Heck ya!!! If they are similar in consistency to their other glow offerings then they should have a flattish top, it's unlikely that they will have any doming. All my glow buzzz's and nukes, and stalker have low flat tops on them, I think it's their best plastic.

Lol I love these threads. The Glow Z version is just Z that glows...no more or less stable on average. If you have an 'average' 175 Z Comet already, there will be 175 Glow Z comets that are more overstable, equally straight, and more understable. Now, where is tbird888 so we can butt heads like two people arguing about religion!?

177g here, and of the under stable variety. :\

i was real excited to open this thread and learn glow comets are in production. Then i continued reading this thread and felt like this:

640px-Picard-facepalm.jpg

This stands to possibly be one of the best golf discs for fun. A glidey, glowing, "slightly OS" Comet I can play long distance catch with at midnight. Sold.

Latest posts