• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow Disc by Lansing, Michigan

Hfactor

Bogey Member
Hey guys I just played my first glow round with some LED's from extremeglow and it was pretty fun. The round took an hour longer and flashlights to light up the fairway were pretty necessary. We played Fallasberg and though that park is great its about an hour and 10 minutes from where I live.

I was wondering what you guys thought the best places for glow disc was near lansing, mi.

Grand woods but my friend hates that course, this would be my choice
Sleepy Hollow but I imagine its closed at night
Fitzgerald in grand ledge but I also am guessing its closed
Potterville I have not played
Charlotte I have also not played
Burchfield is probably also closed at night

Other options are
Fallasberg
Hastings
The Vines @ Reed county
Mccurdy Park in owosso
Fowlerville united brethern

All the other options are about 45mins to an hour away.
The best one would be burchfield and my friend and I considered parking in the neighborhood next to hole 12 on the Devil's Den course.

How are charlotte and potterville for glow disc?

Hey guys I just played my first glow round with some LED's from extremeglow and it was pretty fun. The round took an hour longer and flashlights to light up the fairway were pretty necessary. We played Fallasberg and though that park is great its about an hour and 10 minutes from where I live.

I was wondering what you guys thought the best places for glow disc was near lansing, mi.

Grand woods but my friend hates that course, this would be my choice
Sleepy Hollow but I imagine its closed at night
Fitzgerald in grand ledge but I also am guessing its closed
Potterville I have not played
Charlotte I have also not played
Burchfield is probably also closed at night

Other options are
Fallasberg
Hastings
The Vines @ Reed county
Mccurdy Park in owosso
Fowlerville united brethern

All the other options are about 45mins to an hour away.
The best one would be burchfield and my friend and I considered parking in the neighborhood next to hole 12 on the Devil's Den course.

How are charlotte and potterville for glow disc?

Never played glow out there. But I would imagine that Potterville, Charlotte, and Mccurdy would be the best for it. Then Fowlerville or the Vines.

Well a little update.
Charlotte Lincoln park closes at 10pm, so you could start a glow round from 5:30 until about 8. Tried to play at charlotte last night and a Cop kicked us off the park at about 11pm.

Hastings and Fallasberg are 2 really good options, Fallasberg is wide open and I think Hastings is probably as well.

Reed County Park - Pete Little, he is the park director at Reed County Park or The Vines and he said you have to call in advance (989-875-5278) and get a permit to play there at night. There is no fee for the permit they just want to know whos there. So if you know you're going to play there call during the day and get your permit!

Deerfield - This park is wide open at night, ive played night disc there before and I dont think you need a permit. I have a parking pass for this park so I know I am 100% legit but I've never seen any ranger patrolling the park. Even during the day time in the winter they dont have anyone charging for parking. So just treat the course with respect and we can continue to play night disc here.

Burchfield is out of the question

Mccurdy park - I called the office and they said they close at 10. They gave me Ian G. phone # and he said they close at 10 but you can still play glow disc past 10 if you're there to play disc and not mess up the course. Treat the course with respect and we can continue to play night disc here.

If anyone has more info on places where you can play Night disc in Michigan, not just the lansing area, please post it!

There is a weekly league at Kensington on Wednesdays, also at Bandy in Ann Arbor on Wednesday. A group of us often play Bandy on Friday nights and there are frequently many others playing as well, nice course for night play as long as you always expect your next step to be a face-plant. Discgolfscene.com is a good way to keep up on this kind of stuff.

Joe

Well we played Grand Woods last night. Got there at 7 oclock and parked outside the park, walked in and started on hole 17. The person who locks the park up at night saw us starting our round and didn't say anything to us. Either he thought we were finishing the round or its ok to play there at night.

Lighting up the fairway with flashlights is all bad :\
If your ever out by the lakeshore we usually do a glow round at shore acres on saturdays, tee time is 6pm. We usually do $5 dubs
Oh and no lighting up the fairway or you might get asked to leave ;)

The only bad courses for glow golf are the ones you're not allowed to be at.

In the SE corner, both Parmalee and Vienna Parks allow glow. Vienna you park on the road next to the 8th tee. I'm not sure if Parmalee requires special permission or not, but Vienna is a free for all.

A little update David Skidmore sent me this message about Charlotte.

"Hi Dan!
A couple of years ago I and a few others went in front of City Council and asked about playing after the park closes at 10:00. We were given permission to play after the park closes as long as we call the police and let them know we will be there playing disc golf. That is just in case they get any calls about people being there after hours.

Simply tell them the city council approved of us being there to play disc golf after the park is closed as long as we called the police ahead of time to let them know. I have never heard of them giving anyone a hard time about it on the phone and they never questioned me when I called in, but just in case feel free to tell them you got this info from me.

I own the bike shop/disc store in Charlotte and my employee Jim and I play most days after the store closes at 6 - usually get started around 7:30-8:00. We sometimes get done before 10, but not always. We rarely call because it's just us two and by the time 10 hits we're on the back and out of site.

If you plan to park in the lot you should call so they don't freak out about a car left in the lot after hours. (We walk over so that lessens the need for us to call)

Maybe we'll see you around some evening!"

So you could play charlotte after 10pm if you let the police know in advance

Burchfield park in holt also offers winter sports until 9pm on Friday and Saturday. So if there is snow on the ground go here http://pk.ingham.org/WinterSportsStatus.aspx If it says it is open for sledding at night then on Friday and Saturday you could start a night round at 5:30 or 6 and be done before 9pm. All other days burchfield closes 30 minutes after sunset or right around 6pm.

I was wondering about Hudson mills. I know it is possible to camp at hudson mills which makes me think its possible to play a night round there. Anyone have info on Hudson mills night disc?

Firefighters park in Troy has a glow skins league that starts at 6:45 on Fridays.

I was wondering about Hudson mills. I know it is possible to camp at hudson mills which makes me think its possible to play a night round there. Anyone have info on Hudson mills night disc?

The camping part of HM is not a part of the main park, it is across the road and considered a special use group camp, not a typical campground.

At one time, the park was open til 10 pm all year round. Nowadays, no such luck. Website says this:

Park Hours: April 2 - October 31
7 am - 10 pm daily

November 1 - April 1
7 am - 8 pm daily

Years ago, there used to be some stealth after-hours play with occasional opportunity to be chased out by security. It helped to have a pal with a house across the street for easy out of park parking. Both courses are good options for night play when it works out.

Sweet thanks for this info! Glad there is still some places to play at after dark.

The camping part of HM is not a part of the main park, it is across the road and considered a special use group camp, not a typical campground.

At one time, the park was open til 10 pm all year round. Nowadays, no such luck. Website says this:

Park Hours: April 2 - October 31
7 am - 10 pm daily

November 1 - April 1
7 am - 8 pm daily

Years ago, there used to be some stealth after-hours play with occasional opportunity to be chased out by security. It helped to have a pal with a house across the street for easy out of park parking. Both courses are good options for night play when it works out.

A small update again.
Sleepy Hollow State Park is open until 10pm daily. My friend went with his glow discs and didnt even get there until midnight and played a round there. So I don't know if they shut the gate at all but if you want to be on the safe side you could show up here from 5:30-7:30 and be out of the park before 10pm. Sweet! Another place to play glow at near lansing!

Not sure of the park hours but Bertha Brock park is a new one in your area. Its about 15 minutes east of Fallasburg.

Just so you know...

A small update again.
Sleepy Hollow State Park is open until 10pm daily. My friend went with his glow discs and didnt even get there until midnight and played a round there. So I don't know if they shut the gate at all but if you want to be on the safe side you could show up here from 5:30-7:30 and be out of the park before 10pm. Sweet! Another place to play glow at near lansing!

I actually worked at sleepy hollow state park as a park ranger for 2 summers. Technically speaking that gate will ALWAYS be locked by 10. In the summer we always had to drive around and kick everyone out of the day use area. Walk the beach, stuff like that. There is only one ranger there year round. He is a very suspecting older man. Who just associates night discin with being up to no good. Long story short, Idk that this is the best option but if it works out for you it is a beautiful course and watch out for hole 9/skip it lol.

Latest posts