• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow

What do you use to play Glow?

• Glow discs

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Cheep breakable glow sticks

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Reusable fighing bobber lights

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • My eyes, cause I'm nocturnal

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Magic spells

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just use a bright colored one and it works. I know Wizards pretty well, can usually figure out where they went :D

It cracks me up when people get all worried about lighting up their putter. If you break out your putter don't you expect it to end up in the basket?

4905285165_5745253821.jpg

I resently played my frist night game at Blue Mountain. I used red LEDs on my champions,core and fuse but you have tape the $hit out of it on your drivers. It wasnt a turnie so it was just in fun. The added weight wasnt an issue. I have a question though,I had a glow wizard and a glow buzzz, some one mentioned about using one of those black lights you use to find cat urine, i felt the glow didnt really last that long. Is it the disc or the light that is faulty,i had to keep the light on the whole time in my bag next to the two discs and keep turning the them ,or pull out an half glowing disc. Wich looked kind of cool ,but threw off my putting game,

I voted glow, but I also use some ho-made LED on champ plastic. I buy the LEDs from Radio Shack and the flattest button cell batteries I can find on ebay, put one lead on each side of the battery and tape to the center underside of my disc. Works great until the tape comes off :mad::wall::doh:

Sometimes I use mini glowsticks, and glo discs. Mainly I just use my normal discs and put the led bobber lights on them. Flashlight just in case. And a glow tournament I played in recently they had these clip on circle led lights that went on the pole of the basket and you could see them from the tees no problem. It was very nice. It also lit up about a three foot area for putting around the hole.

I use my disc as the spell component for casting Magic Missle. :|

Oh, and, um, some of them "glow discs" or some such.

i went out and got those infrared night visions goggles, your hand print stays lit on the disc for like and hour so finding them is no issue. you do have to rub your junk on all the baskets before the round though to get them lit up really well...
bonus points for the "tom clancy" look

There is a shop in Milwaukee, WI, Mojo Disc Golf. This guy sells these flat, circular l.e.d. lights. I got two of them, one I turned on and left it on. Five days later it was dim but still visible. The other i super glued to a disc I use every day. Not sure what they are called but these things are awesome. Not to mention, with the glue and the light, added only two grams. The bobber lights are some times a pain to turn on and off and with these flat ones, you just push to turn on or push again for pulse and once more for off. I love these things. With a delicate touch you can even replace the battery. So even if it is just a little dark, I turn it on. Watching minnie U.F.O.s crash land into baskets!

Can you post a link to these so I can find out what they are called and buy some down here?

I use the light pods on a beat-up, overstable champ disc.
They will affect the stability of the disc.
They tend to make in more understable, in my experience.

I went to Petsmart yesterday and bought a pet urine detector for $20. It is a nine inch UV bulb and housing. Dropped it in the bottom of a small cloth bag last night and just charged up my glow buzz between shots....brilliant and no arts and crafts

Those tiny light sticks taped to the bottom of a disc works well for me. A full moon out and you are set.

DISAGREE! No moon is way better for glow rounds. You can see your Z style discs with a bobber light on it (red is brightest) from hundreds of feet away! No moon and dense woods is the best. You can't see ANYTHING but the bobber light.

We also make it a rule to NEVER use a flashlight. No shining the fairway, basket, or looking for your disc (unless the stupid bobber light turned off - geez I wish they stayed on better!!!) It's a bit more extreme and sadistic version of disc golf. You play in complete darkness. The person who is out has to putt at a basket that probably cannot be seen. Once metal is heard, then everyone zones in on it and can putt away. But NO LIGHTS EVER!!

DISAGREE! No moon is way better for glow rounds. You can see your Z style discs with a bobber light on it (red is brightest) from hundreds of feet away! No moon and dense woods is the best. You can't see ANYTHING but the bobber light.

We also make it a rule to NEVER use a flashlight. No shining the fairway, basket, or looking for your disc (unless the stupid bobber light turned off - geez I wish they stayed on better!!!) It's a bit more extreme and sadistic version of disc golf. You play in complete darkness. The person who is out has to putt at a basket that probably cannot be seen. Once metal is heard, then everyone zones in on it and can putt away. But NO LIGHTS EVER!!

Have fun with that light nazi

We played in a very bright half moon light last night and it was great. No tripping over small trees and bushes, easy navigation, easy to see the basket (especially with Noma solar lights on them) and best of all, uiet and very pretty under the star/moonlight. Finding discs was a snap with the extra moonlight

that is a brutal method (brutal is my new word of the day)

I use flashlights, uv fluorescents and whatever... the point is to be playing at night not to commando raid a village!

I'd say you are right about a full moon.. less ambient light the better... pitch black is best

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpacetime
There is a shop in Milwaukee, WI, Mojo Disc Golf. This guy sells these flat, circular l.e.d. lights. I got two of them, one I turned on and left it on. Five days later it was dim but still visible. The other i super glued to a disc I use every day. Not sure what they are called but these things are awesome. Not to mention, with the glue and the light, added only two grams. The bobber lights are some times a pain to turn on and off and with these flat ones, you just push to turn on or push again for pulse and once more for off. I love these things. With a delicate touch you can even replace the battery. So even if it is just a little dark, I turn it on. Watching minnie U.F.O.s crash land into baskets!

Can you post a link to these so I can find out what they are called and buy some down here?

I'd like to see these flat LEDs too!!!!! They sound excellent.

The LED bobbers are WAY too finnicky, and glow discs just aren't bright enough without recharghing CONSTANTLY. I don't want to carry a blacklight on top of my two discs and many beers!!

Have fun with that light nazi

Nice.

We wear eye protection when we play to keep from stabbing the eyeballs out on branches. Usually there is some pain and blood involved in our nightrounds. I bet it has nothing to do with the beverage consumption during night rounds though!

I just drop in a couple of 6in uv fluorescents in my bag... this way it charges them as you go... just keep the uv's on all the time

I just drop in a couple of 6in uv fluorescents in my bag... this way it charges them as you go... just keep the uv's on all the time

me too....works like a charm

You know Berry...now you have added goggles....this does sound more like a drunken commando raid than night golf

Latest posts