• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Golfers that don't keep score!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want Frank mad at me so, Yeah that's wrong!
I couldnt care less what anyone thinks (let alone Frank D . . . so YOU ARE WRONG . . . in my opinion . . . what works for me works for me and that is all that matters, no matter what someone else thinks)

You can do whatever you want and what works for you and I will not say anything . . . it is all personal preferance

I couldnt care less what anyone thinks (let alone Frank D . . . so YOU ARE WRONG . . . in my opinion . . . what works for me works for me and that is all that matters, no matter what someone else thinks)

You can do whatever you want and what works for you and I will not say anything . . . it is all personal preferance

I love this guy

I agree with Frank here. Those of you that have to keep score every time are sad folks. Can you really not tell if you are playing good unless a number tells you?
Everyone's mind works differently, so please dont tell anyone they are "sad" for thinking that way. You may be able to see how you play with simple memories, but my guess is you would learn quicker if you had statistics to back your "memories" . . . I need comparisons and statistcis do not lie expecially when you consider the mount of rounds we are talking about with me . . .. I play enough for the statistics to really matter because they are a true average. If I only played once a week or something they wouldnt mean as much, but when I play an average of a round a day for almost 2.5 years they mean a lot!

Bear in mind I am not saying "everyone should keep score" but I think keeping score would help everyone regardless if they think it would or not . . . just as I think not keeping score might help me improve because I am not thinking about my score, but for now I will continue to do so. It worked for me in the golf world, so I think it will help me in disc golf too.

Last edited:
It's "You're"

Sad? The only thing that is sad is that you have an opinion like that over something that is inconsequential.

I keep all my scores no matter if it's a casual round or a tourney round. The main reason I keep all my scores is to update my "scorebook" to get more Achievements!
I could care less what others think about that or how I play.
Those that are getting their panties all in a bunch over peeps always keeping their scores need to realize that it takes all kinds of peeps to make the world go 'round.
Do what you wanna do and never give anyone grief if they're doing something that is different than what you do.
OP, keep your scores and use them to gauge whatever you want. Don't listen to these people talking trash 'cause you like numbers, stats, etc.

Booya Buddy!

Everyone's mind works differently, so please dont tell anyone they are "sad" for thinking that way. You may be able to see how you play with simple memories, but my guess is you would learn quicker if you had statistics to back your "memories" . . . I need comparisons and statistcis do not lie expecially when you consider the mount of rounds we are talking about with me . . .. I play enough for the statistics to really matter because they are a true average. If I only played once a week or something they wouldnt mean as much, but when I play an average of a round a day for almost 2.5 years they mean a lot!

Bear in mind I am not saying "everyone should keep score" but I think keeping score would help everyone regardless if they think it would or not . . . just as I think not keeping score might help me improve because I am not thinking about my score, but for now I will continue to do so. It worked for me in the golf world, so I think it will help me in disc golf too.

Editted for grammar and spelling so noone brings it up but I missed my 5 minute edit

Everyone's mind works differently, so please dont tell anyone they are "sad" for thinking that way. You may be able to see how you play with simple memories, but my guess is you would learn quicker if you had statistics to back your "memories" . . . I need comparisons and statistics do not lie especially when you consider the amount of rounds we are talking about with me . . .. I play enough for the statistics to really matter because they are a true average. If I only played once a week or something they wouldnt mean as much, but when I play an average of a round a day for almost 2.5 years they mean a lot!

i play so much that everything skews together, i definitely know if its a good or bad round, but even if i shoot the same score twice, i could have a bad and good round consecutively. i somehow always know my score regardless of good or bad shots, its natural. unless its a tourney then i ride the vibes, try not to think about it.

The first course I ever played, Flip City:)D), has scorecards. I thought this was the norm(I wish). Ball golf courses have scorecards, right? I always keep score in my head, as my brain is a powerful computer.

I don't see how keeping score can affect my next shot when I'm trying to get to the disc to/in the basket, like ALWAYS. I like to beat my friends. I like to use the scorebook on DGCR. I have fun playing disc golf.

A poll would be interesting to me.

Your pretty insecure in your game if you have to keep score every time you play.

Those of you that have to keep score every time are sad folks.

This is crap. Who do you think you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.