• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good courses near Fort Lauderdale, FL?

sbnryn15

I am going to fort lauderdale with my family this summer. Myself and one other are good, but the others aren't that great. Does anyone know of a good place that will be fun for us all. I dont want a super easy course but more so a technical course. Any info would be great, thank you yall in advance.

Yup, Easterlin for technical and Tradewinds to air it out a bit.

I'm looking forward to playing Heritage next time I'm in town.

If you don't mind driving about 30 minutes North (depending on traffic) Okeeheelee Park is a beautiful course, it's the only course down here with any kind of elevation. But Tradewinds and Easterlin are pretty cool.

If you don't mind driving about 30 minutes North (depending on traffic) Okeeheelee Park is a beautiful course, it's the only course down here with any kind of elevation. But Tradewinds and Easterlin are pretty cool.

Yeah they are beautiful/elevation course, however, don't have all concrete tees which Tradewinds and Easterlin has.

Yeah, hopfully concrete pads will be put in soon. The club has the money to put them in, we're just waiting to get thru all the red tape form the Parks & Rec dept. to get the final approval on them. I guess dealing with the Parks & Rec dept. is a major pain in the ass.:doh:

I'm not going to be down there for at least another month so maybe they will be all concreted up when i get down there.

Easterlin is what you're looking for. Nothing over 300', most of the holes are in the trees but there's not a ton of rough, and if you have any kind of accuracy, you can shoot in the red very easily.

Tradewinds is cool, but it's not as techy and more about being able to throw far in the wind. Meh.

I love Okeeheelee, but it's closer to Tradewinds than Easterlin. It does have a little elevation, which is non-existent in South Florida, so that's neat, but most, if not all the holes are 300' or more, and the wind can be wicked out there. If the two of you that are good want a fun round, go here.

And they just put in a new course at Heritage Park. I haven't played it, but I talked to a bunch of locals that would play temp courses at the park before the permanent one was put in, and they said it was great, so you should check that one out.

I wouldn't go to the courses in Dade, the traffic getting down there is such a pain, and the courses are either mediocre, hard to navigate, or have some REALLY weird non-disc golf lurkers.

Yeah, hopfully concrete pads will be put in soon. The club has the money to put them in, we're just waiting to get thru all the red tape form the Parks & Rec dept. to get the final approval on them. I guess dealing with the Parks & Rec dept. is a major pain in the ass.:doh:

Man, I'll be stoked to play that course with some sweet tee pads. I'm not affected as much as others since the courses I play everyday have dirt tees, but playing on concrete tees is always nice.

So, is there any hope of getting a second 18 in at that park, maybe one that is a little more in the trees?

Regardless, even though it's the farthest from my folks' house in Ft. Lauderdale, I try to get up to Okee at least three times whenever I visit. I love the course.

I wouldn't go to the courses in Dade, the traffic getting down there is such a pain, and the courses are either mediocre, hard to navigate, or have some REALLY weird non-disc golf lurkers.

Since the Kendall Indian Hammock park has two courses; K1 & K2. Yes, you're right that K2 is a mediocre, but K1 is not a mediocre for your clarity, K1 course is technical that present a multitude of situations, you need nine to eleven discs to cover all situations: a long range hyzer driver, a long range turnover, medium range hyzer, flat, and turnover drivers, plus your short range discs and a roller and more. Therefore, are you referring me as REALLY weird non-disc golf lurker?

Latest posts