• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good News Farmington, MO!

Stud Muffin

Banned
*Hit PLAY on the video, then read OUT LOUD!

Oct 1, 2011 5:55 PM,
> From: Stud Muffin
> Question submitted:
> Is Gateway putting a DG course in Farmington, MO?

David McCormack to me, show details 6:18 PM (3 hours ago)
>Yes

We be getting a Disc Golf Course! :D

Just got this email.

We intend to have the course constructed at Engler Park by December 1. The city will be selling discs at the civic center and parks building. The course will be 18 holes.

Gregory S. Beavers, MPPA
City Administrator

:thmbup:

Just found this on the Gateway website:

Farmington_1.jpg

New course breaking ground in Farmington, MO. In a joint effort between Gateway Disc Sports and the City of Farmington, an 18 hole par 62 disc golf course is being developed in Engler Park. The course will feature a shorter technical front nine with a nice par, four on hole nine with the lake coming into play on the drive and again by the basket. The back nine is a much longer and more challenging course that will rival any nine holes in the state. A tourney layout will feature an island green and some very tough shots; especially from the long tees. It is well worth the hour drive from Saint Louis and it's only twenty-five minutes from the new 18 hole course already installed in Potosi.

Very excited to see how the course will be laid out. It is kind of odd where 18 is ending, but there is a road there you can walk on back to the parking lot. This looks like it has the potential to be a top notch disc golf course! :thmbup:

*I see 7 West City style holes that you throw out into the open, then the basket is nestled into the woods.

Last edited:
how far is this going to be from st louis ?and in what direction (north/south)? im coming up from arkansas for a concert at the fox theatre next month and would love to get a round in on a new course.

how far is this going to be from st louis ?and in what direction (north/south)? im coming up from arkansas for a concert at the fox theatre next month and would love to get a round in on a new course.

This is about 60-80 miles south of St Louis.
Yes, it will not done until, expected, December 1, 2011.

That said, if you like a challenging course, I would encourage you to play West City in Festus, MO which is a serious 'length' course. I tend to lose discs there, so be on guard, but is an awesome 'challenging' course.

If you like 'fun', then Jokerest in Festus is the fun 9 hole to play.

I actually have never got to play Jefferson Barracks yet, but I have heard it is probably the best in St Louis. Also, with a little research, I do not know off hand, but you could play Nikko Locastro's home course while in St Louis.

nice thats good for me :) closer the the arkansas border than st louis :) im probably about an hour and a half from the border so ill have to check it out on my way there

To support the company that is so wonderfully designing disc golf courses in my area, and to improve my putting game, I bought a Gateway Titan 'Pro 24' portable basket, and some Wizards!

P10-21-11_22-192.jpg

P10-21-11_22-19-1.jpg

Maybe sooner??

Hey i talked to Justin up at gateway about 5 days ago and he told me that the farmington course should be done in about 3 weeks! I hope he is right the sooner the better. Just thought i would share that info :thmbup:

Just updating, while the Potosi course has all of it's baskets up, it is not very convenient getting from hole to hole.

Also, I drove through Engler Park (Farmington) a few days ago, and nothing up yet.

It is December 1.

I drove out to Engler Park (Farmington, MO), discs ready, but no course. :(

What I did see is a lot of wooden stakes in the ground, post hole diggers, and some heavier equipment.

This is the last/latest update on the course construction at Gateways website:

Engler Park in Farmington MO update!
November 4, 2011 By david

The design phase and course clear out is completed and we are getting ready to drop the baskets in Farmington.

Waiting on a few parts for the baskets and the keyed alike locks.
This course will have it all and then some, it features long open holes, a few tight wooded shots, Pins and tees tucked into the wood line, 2 lakes and a few creeks. Par is looking like 63 and will play very recreational from the short tees and pins to very challenging from the long to long. Plans for landscaping holes 8 and 11 include, planting of trees and tall grasses, grass bunkers, mounds and elevated the pin locations. This work will not be started until the course has been in for a while and everything is flowing smoothly.

Will keep you updated! :thmbup:

Drove back out to Engler Park, and the sign posts are up. I didn't walk the course, but from what I could see, no baskets were up, but it looked like all the sign posts were up.

Progress! :thmbup:

I am not too happy to say that I may not get to play the course after waiting all of this time. I may have to go to Florida in a week or two, so my time is short, and I will not return until March "if" I leave. At least, that is the plan.

Before I leave, all Farmington Disc Golfers, I want to announce that I will be starting a Disc Golf club. Since I do not know of any native Potosi Disc Golf players, even though they have that nice course, I decided to make the Farmington Disc Golf Club include Potosi, much like how the JC Sharpshooters include both West City and Jokerest... though they are MUCH closer together in distance.

Anyways, the name of the club would be "PF Chains", Potosi*Farmington.

When I *return, I will throw a locals only tournament, maybe 2, 1 in each park, give away some stuff, and simply get some community started in our area. We will get contact with the parks, and the course designer, and do what we can to enrich the disc golf experience in the area.

Looking forward to great things! :thmbup:

I had a feeling today, so I just loaded my discs and drove there, and :D :clap: The course is up!

I made a review on it.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4994&mode=ci

It was cold and wet today, but I did not care. I will take a wheel and measure the course for a rough estimate until David gives the "official" numbers.

It said on the Gateway Website:
"Par is looking like 63 and will play very recreational from the short tees and pins to very challenging from the long to long."
http://gdstour.com/?s=farmington

So I just threw some par numbers up there to add to 63, until Dave gives the "official" par.

Also, I will take a lot of pictures.

We are discing in Farmington, MO!!!

Latest posts