• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Good under stable distance driver

Knockahomalc

I am looking for a good understable to stable distance driver. I have a leopard and love it, but I am looking for some thing with more distance. Thanks a lot.

Champion Sidewinder flies a lot like a longer Leopard. If you're look for more disc than a 9 speed check out a Star Tern.

Get a Mamba, mama!! My max weight champ mamba flies far far far with a nice right turn, and a little half attempt at fade toward the end.....

I have to agree with the Mamba it flies so nice! But so does my Fury. I can't decide half the time which one to throw.:wall:

The Champion Mamba is good, but it's considerably more understable than a Leopard. (The one I had was anyways.)

And the King is definately understable. Understable, fast and great for huge distance. A little tough to control, but it definately wants to turn.

Roadrunner & sidewinder are good too. Usually the answer I see when someone's looking for a longer Leopard is Legacy's Patriot. I've never thrown one but I might have to one of these days.

I've had a Star Roadrunner (172g) for a couple of years now, and it used to be one of my favorite drivers. Recently, however, I've been having more trouble keeping the Roadrunner flying where I want it to go. This is probably due to the fact that the disc is getting worn (making it more understable).

I have also thrown a Sidewinder, and I thought it was a good disc. It seemed a bit more controlled than the Roadrunner, but it was still able to get a nice s-curve with not much power.

Mamba. Champion. Such a sweet flight path. Easy to possibly too easy to flip. I'm lovin it.