• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Goodbye Discraft Buzz, we had some good times...

I don't understand the sudden surge of lat 64 stuff. Yes it's pretty and durable but it's only expensive ripoffs of Innova and Discraft discs.

The Core resembles a modified Buzzz (which is a modified Wasp, which is a clone of a Roc), but besides that I can't think of any of their other discs that really resemble anything out there. This is especially true if you look at the disc measurements. Even discs that superficially resemble an Innova/Discraft disc have some significant differences when you look at the numbers.

If you are using "ripoff" in a much more generic sense, then honestly the only company in the short history of our sport that made truly original discs was Quest...and they completely sucked.

Also, Latitude is expensive only because they have to export them to the US. The fact that their MSRP is anywhere close to Innova/Discraft means they are making much less profit.

The River is identical to a TeeBird in every way except dome height. The exageratted dome of the River makes it easier to throw far for weeker armed individuals but saps it's true distance potential because it has so much glide that it's like a flying windsock. It catches too much air, which prematurely slows it down. That's probably why is seems to have more LSS at the very end of it's flight than a TeeBird.

The River is identical to a TeeBird in every way except dome height. The exageratted dome of the River makes it easier to throw far for weeker armed individuals but saps it's true distance potential because it has so much glide that it's like a flying windsock. It catches too much air, which prematurely slows it down. That's probably why is seems to have more LSS at the very end of it's flight than a TeeBird.

I wasn't all that impressed with the River.

Actually, if you look at the tech specs http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGA_approved_discs_101210.pdf the River is different in every way from the Teebird. Most notably it's diameter is closer to a Buzzz/Roc than it is to a Teebird, it has a shorter wing, and the wing shape is totally different. The teebird has a curved wing with a flat part/notch at the tip. The River is jointed rather than curved and has no notch.

Actually, if you look at the tech specs http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGA_approved_discs_101210.pdf the River is different in every way from the Teebird. Most notably it's diameter is closer to a Buzzz/Roc than it is to a Teebird, it has a shorter wing, and the wing shape is totally different. The teebird has a curved wing with a flat part/notch at the tip. The River is jointed rather than curved and has no notch.

Thanks! Now I dont have to go take a pic.

I love my Rivers.

Yeah, I've got to stand up for Lat64...I test just about every new disc, and they've put out more good discs in the last 2 years than any other company has in that short of a time span EVER. They've been very busy designing quality molds. I could play with all Innova, all Discraft, or all Lat64 and play at the same level. It says a lot that they're even in that discussion considering how young they are as a company.

Yep. If I could find a disc in another brand for cheaper, I would probably throw it but looking through the spec sheet I dont see anything really that maches the Rivers specs that well.

The Cores I've grown to not think they are the end all for me, but they serve their purpose. I have an X Buzzz that could fill in if I lost one, and I got a few Rocs if need be, but the Cores are definately longer for me at this point