• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Bags - Simian

gbaction.gif

Looks nice but $200 is a little steep. This coming from a guy who has no problem spending money to get what he wants.

i saw this bag last week and i am like skottyb. . . cant stop drooling over it. im really interested in getting this bag but i want a little more info on it . . . if anyone has tried it yet bc i do think $200 is pushing it for a bag.

It's a nice bag, but I don't think it is worth $200 bucks. I am sure you could put a pvc frame in any backpack and be able to sit on it. I would be more impressed to see some modded backpacks people have come up with themselves.

Think I'll start a thread.

Looks nice to me. I think the extra cost might be worth it to avoid having to carry a separate stool.

I'm leary of the putter pocket though, it looks like you have to velcro it shut every time.

I was a proto tester for this bag and its worth every bit of $200. Think of this

Revo Carolina- 125 plus 10 shipping
Quads- 35 plus 5 shipping
Camptime Stool- 30 plus 5 shipping

That's 210. That is also the price of the Simian shipped.

It rides better, distributes the weight better, and feels lighter than a revo and quads. This is coming from a devoted Carolina carrier for about 7 years. Its very innovative and is tough as nails.

Oh, and you don't have to velcro the putter pocket every time. They fit in there snug enough where they don't fall out, but not to snug to where they warp or are hard to get out.

feel free to ask me any questions

Cool, thanks for your info.

Can you compare the total storage of this bag when compared to a Carolina?

Also, how is the access to the discs? Easy to get to every disc? It appears there is no way for them to fall out if you carry the bag with the flap open, correct?

Its made to hold 16, but you can get 1-2 more in the bottom and the side pockets can hold up to 6 more. I crammed 28 in there (the proto only had 1 putter pocket, so this should hold up to 30) so if you just use the regular compartment and 2 putter pocket, its about the same as a Carolina.

All discs are easy to get in and out. They are held in by the dividers being higher in the fron than the back, so you can hold the bag upside down and they won't fall out.

Eh, not sure. Just as much as a similarly loaded Carolina with quads. About 15 lbs maybe. 16 discs is about 6.5 ibs and 2 waters is about 3. its 5.5 empty.

Latest posts