• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
can we get a monday begining of the week update? What are you working on? How longs that gonna take? I think my sim is in the next batch i hope and im gettin antsy after the 16 week wait

16 weeks? Holy crap!!! I ordered a Kong almost 7 weeks ago, so I guess I'll be waiting a while yet. But from what I understand, the GB bags are really high-quality products and will last a long time. Used bags don't even take long to sell. I have not seen one personally, but I have heard and read about them. Right now it seems there is a high demand for these bags. I believe Chris (the owner) is a one-man-band that hand-crafts each one in his spare time. However, it would be nice to get an idea as far as what the current lead times are.

So,quick question,can anyone tell me how many zippers are on a silverback?

edit: only external zippers visible count.

the camo bolt of cordura showed up so what im doing today is marking out squirrels and working on getting them cut out then im gonna work on what needs to get done for squirrel monkeys this week and after that its gonna be 5 sims which are all for one order...

so youre saying another 4 weeks im gonna be waiting? doesnt seem like youre catchin up too fast lol

16 weeks? Holy crap!!! I ordered a Kong almost 7 weeks ago, so I guess I'll be waiting a while yet. But from what I understand, the GB bags are really high-quality products and will last a long time. Used bags don't even take long to sell. I have not seen one personally, but I have heard and read about them. Right now it seems there is a high demand for these bags. I believe Chris (the owner) is a one-man-band that hand-crafts each one in his spare time. However, it would be nice to get an idea as far as what the current lead times are.

well you might get yours in less than 16 weeks since hes making all of one kind at a time except sims. but dont hold you breath cause you might die

the reason the used ones sell so fast is because people dont wanna wait to get a new one. if i knew i was gonna have to wait this long i never would ordered it. i was under the impression i was gonna wait 6, maybe 8. now at 16 im patiently waiting at least another 4 at the rate these things are gettin made. so sad... :doh:

well you might get yours in less than 16 weeks since hes making all of one kind at a time except sims. but dont hold you breath cause you might die

the reason the used ones sell so fast is because people dont wanna wait to get a new one. if i knew i was gonna have to wait this long i never would ordered it. i was under the impression i was gonna wait 6, maybe 8. now at 16 im patiently waiting at least another 4 at the rate these things are gettin made. so sad...

Absolutely right. It is sad, and there is little to no excuse for it. At what point do you know you have surpassed your ability to deliver in a timely manner and start refusing work?

I would of purchased one of the many other quality bags out there myself had I known I would of waited 4-6 months for a bag when I needed one in 4-6 weeks. And then there is no follow up, no ETA, nothing to make it right. It is real easy to wear the armor of 'I am a 1-man-show-in-my-basement', but when you start taking money for a service you enter into the same agreement that any corporation or individual would.

This has become a battle of wills for me, at this point I have invested enough time that I am going to hold out. The bag will be great, I will cherish it every moment I carry it, but I will not be recommended any GB bags.

Kong #979

/rant off

Absolutely right. It is sad, and there is little to no excuse for it. At what point do you know you have surpassed your ability to deliver in a timely manner and start refusing work?

I would of purchased one of the many other quality bags out there myself had I known I would of waited 4-6 months for a bag when I needed one in 4-6 weeks. And then there is no follow up, no ETA, nothing to make it right. It is real easy to wear the armor of 'I am a 1-man-show-in-my-basement', but when you start taking money for a service you enter into the same agreement that any corporation or individual would.

This has become a battle of wills for me, at this point I have invested enough time that I am going to hold out. The bag will be great, I will cherish it every moment I carry it, but I will not be recommended any GB bags.

Kong #979

/rant off

Wow, you still haven't gotten yours and you are order #979?!? Holy crap! Ive been waiting since late may and I'm #1002...GORILLABOY, WILL I GET MY SIMIAN BEFORE I PLAY IN THE USDGC IN OCTOBER? THAT IS MY ONE AND ONLY WISH...

Why don't you get some help? The waiting time for a bag is ridiculous. 4 months in some cases? You're going to be costing yourself money if you don't change things up.

Wow, you still haven't gotten yours and you are order #979?!? Holy crap! Ive been waiting since late may and I'm #1002...GORILLABOY, WILL I GET MY SIMIAN BEFORE I PLAY IN THE USDGC IN OCTOBER? THAT IS MY ONE AND ONLY WISH...

im order #983 i think, i actually dont even know cause its been so long lol if you ordered a sim i honestly dont think you'll get it by the usdgc. there were like 40 sims in line and im at least a few before you and mines not in the next batch. which means after he does the next 5 hes doing a bunch of "x" model then 5 more sims then "y" model then 5 sims. so hopefully fingers crossed you and i are close but ther is no way to tell

Absolutely right. It is sad...

And then there is no follow up, no ETA, nothing to make it right...

This has become a battle of wills for me, at this point I have invested enough time that I am going to hold out. The bag will be great, I will cherish it every moment I carry it, but I will not be recommended any GB bags...

id have to say i probably agree, i loved my GB bag i had and ill love the one i ordered when i get it but i most likely wont send people the GB way because the wait for the bag almost outweighs the "coolness" of it.

as frustrated as some of you are getting I'm even more frustrated than you are, I'm working almost every day to get as much done as I can and I do every thing I can to keep every one informed through the forums, the popularity of my bags was not something I expected to reach the point it did this year and I am honestly shocked at it. right now today I have been working on the 13 Squirrel Monkeys that need to get out and I expect them to be done by the end of the week.

as for me finding others to help, well I tried that, I don't have time to train any one so I was bringing in people I know that know how to sew but I was having to take apart literally about 75% of every thing they put together cause it was done wrong and not to my standards and also I cant really afford to pay anyone to help me right now it's just not in what I have a for a budget.

I know there are a few of you yet who have been waiting patiently for a long time since what you have ordered are kongs, silverbacks or Simians and I will be getting to them shortly I know the way I am going about getting caught up sucks but it was about the only way that made sense to get things done the fastest with how many orders I had come in. I was at about 100 bags total needed to be made not even 6 weeks ago and that number is coming down now granted not super fast but that cause I still have other orders still coming in about 1 bag a day roughly.

I am always here for any of you to contact if you would like to know where I'm at exactly so please email me or pm me and I will get back to you asap!

so like I said this was an extremely unexpected speed bump for me and once I'm through it I am never letting this happen again the stress is horrible!

God you guys are ****ing pricks,seriously,he's making you a bag by hand,a one man show,get off your high horses,feel free to cancel your orders at any time(I think he let's you do that,ya know,cause he's a really nice guy and all)

God you guys are ****ing pricks,seriously,he's making you a bag by hand,a one man show,get off your high horses,feel free to cancel your orders at any time(I think he let's you do that,ya know,cause he's a really nice guy and all)

/\/\ This. Did you all just throw your current bags off a cliff? Did you do ANY research before ordering your bags? Obviously some of you have the time to sit on DGCR all day and hawk over the GB thread, so, you would think you would have read about the backup at some point... I am also a patiently waiting customer that has been waiting awhile for a Silverback, and I would love nothing more than to have that beauty strapped on my shoulders right now... BUT, I also have 4 other bags sitting around the house that I had way before I decided to purchase a Silverback (Innova Standard, Innova Competition, Revolution Deluxe Mini, and SIMIAN). I read the forums, Contacted him through PM's, and weighed my options before my purchase. My conclusion was: GB > All. So, I'll wait... Go grab one of your old bags, wear it proud for now, and calm down... your bag will arrive eventually! Otherwise, cancel your order, and hate yourself eventually for not having the patience to wait for the best bag you never owned!

That's how I feel too Connor. I just didn't want to say anything to mess with his business by saying something. A few weeks/months ago, I offered to take the biggest whiner at the time's place in line so he could go somewhere else like he was threatening he would do, which is a damn stupid thing to do when the person who's making your bag reads this thread regularly. I don't think I could've sat down to make that bag in all honesty. GB, you're a saint. He snottily told me to place my own order and continued to complain about how long his bag was taking. Some people don't seem to be happy unless they're miserable and telling everyone about it.

For the record, I waited for my Squirrel Monkey too. It has been worth every long day I had to wait.

That's how I feel too Connor. I just didn't want to say anything to mess with his business by saying something. A few weeks/months ago, I offered to take the biggest whiner at the time's place in line so he could go somewhere else like he was threatening he would do, which is a damn stupid thing to do when the person who's making your bag reads this thread regularly. I don't think I could've sat down to make that bag in all honesty. GB, you're a saint. He snottily told me to place my own order and continued to complain about how long his bag was taking. Some people don't seem to be happy unless they're miserable and telling everyone about it.

For the record, I waited for my Squirrel Monkey too. It has been worth every long day I had to wait.

I've been waiting about 5-6 weeks,and i know I probably have another few at the very least(Silverback) but he's trying to get these caught up,and i know he's about to knock out a ton of bags at once,which is why he's been doing these batches of them lately.

I shall wait forever:thmbup:

damn, i have had my squirrel monkey for 3 years and the only wait i had was the few days in shipping transit...great bag, outstanding quality....

I'm patiently waiting as well, I'd love to have the bag, but I was well aware of the lag time before I placed the order and don't have a complaint. I hope the pressure doesn't get to GB and cause him to rush his work, that'd be the only thing that upset me.

I feel for you Chris (GB). I just want to chime in real quick and say that my Simian is so badass! I would have waited 3 months or more if needed. I was lucky with a 6week wait. Your the man! Take a deep breath, all you can do is all you can do. Also guys, don't complain, be thankful. At least you can afford a disc golf bag from him. At least your not in Ghadafi shoes. Life could be worse.

'If you don't have haters, you're doing something wrong.'

Last edited:
Got my bag, definitely worth the wait. I personally think GB should be charging much more for these quality bags. Thanks Chris, my silverback is awesome!!!!

lets break this down

First off; for anyone that says someone is a prick for voicing relevant and reasonable concerns, you know nothing about business and customer satisfaction.

Did you know the greatest, and most unquantifiable assest to a business is word of mouth, and when you sacrifice that due to inability to manage customer expectations, a huge profit loss occurs.

I am irritated with a lack follow up, poor expectation management, and zero recompense to make said failings right.

The quality of the work, or satisfaction once having received said work has nothing to do with this. It isnt about his character. It is about good business. And when you take my money we shake hands and enter an agreement. Simple.

To the gentleman who asked if our old bags worked; yes great but I ordered a replacement to fill a void, to satisfy a need, and as said prior under the stipulation of 4 to 6 weeks.

Like I said, I am very patiently waiting and have done so for 4.5 months. I would of been the happiest camper had even some blanket emails gone out with some realistic timeliness and etas. Again though, it is what it is.

Latest posts