• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally bit the bullet and just ordered my squirrel monkey.
woo.
eta is around my birthday so I'll forget about it and bam it'll come that week and surprise!

I am utterly in love with my Simian and wax vainly about it at every opportunity, but I can understand the hesitation to sign up for a 6-7 month wait. That's brutal. But since you've already pulled the trigger, I can say that it'll be worth it! Quality is top notch, and you gotta love that it's handmade in the homeland.

One of these days I might splurge and get a small shoulder bag to complement the Simian.

Received a Silverback (thanks Ian!) this past weekend and wow what a bag. :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Here are some pics of my simian cart.

Made out of 1/2" copper pipe and various connector pieces. Just a T with some lawnmower tires held in place with pins. Seat still completely usable. JB weld to hold it together, only power tool was a drill press for the holes in the axle. Cost roughly $35 for everything except the wheels.

Need lighter wheels though - plastic preferably as these are steel and solid rubber, but serve for proof of concept.

Breaks down to what you see in the last pic.

Will need to use it some to test it's durability

How did you fit the 1/2" pipe? I tried with PVC and i could only use the bottom holes which left my bag too high. Also the PVC bowed so it only lasted about 5 mins before i cancelled the idea

Lmao @ 6-7 month wait! Imagine how much money he's got to play with from people's orders. Doing what he wants with till they get their bag. Crazy!

I get mad enough at PayPal for not releasing funds after selling something on eBay. This takes it to another level.

But then again, where else you gonna get your simian? And they are nice!

How did you fit the 1/2" pipe? I tried with PVC and i could only use the bottom holes which left my bag too high. Also the PVC bowed so it only lasted about 5 mins before i cancelled the idea

Not exactly sure what you are asking. Why would you only be able to use the bottom holes? They are all the same size...

I too thought of PVC first. Basically I wanted something I could "Lego" together without a bunch of tools, since I have none. I quickly realized what you did - since the holes are so small, I'd have to use 1/2" PVC, which is super flimsy. That's when I realized copper pipe has the same type of connectors and is also pretty cheap. I want to say the axle goes through the 4th hole up. It is tough to get it in there since they are designed for 1/2 rods, and 1/2 pipe is actually 5/8", but after a few times it loosened up.

Strangely my bottom hole will fit 1/2", but all the ones above it won't even come close. I have abandoned the pvc. I had a lawnmower I was junking, so I took the back 10" wheels and the axle. Just need to attach a vertical support. I am actually thinking I can get 1/2" copper tee and slide the axle through it. :D

Not exactly sure what you are asking. Why would you only be able to use the bottom holes? They are all the same size...

I too thought of PVC first. Basically I wanted something I could "Lego" together without a bunch of tools, since I have none. I quickly realized what you did - since the holes are so small, I'd have to use 1/2" PVC, which is super flimsy. That's when I realized copper pipe has the same type of connectors and is also pretty cheap. I want to say the axle goes through the 4th hole up. It is tough to get it in there since they are designed for 1/2 rods, and 1/2 pipe is actually 5/8", but after a few times it loosened up.

Copper has a low strength to weight ratio and no memory, so when it bends it doesn't spring back very well. Small diameter aluminum electrical conduit might work better/weigh less, although I don't know as much about the fittings selection.

Copper has a low strength to weight ratio and no memory, so when it bends it doesn't spring back very well. Small diameter aluminum electrical conduit might work better/weigh less, although I don't know as much about the fittings selection.

Tried the cart out for the first time on Sunday and it held up just fine. I played the original 9 at Marie Krause, which is by no means an easy course to traverse. Tons of rough ground and steep hills and the cart had no issues at all. Having the option to not carry my bag this year is going to be great :)

Lmao @ 6-7 month wait! Imagine how much money he's got to play with from people's orders. Doing what he wants with till they get their bag. Crazy!

I get mad enough at PayPal for not releasing funds after selling something on eBay. This takes it to another level.

But then again, where else you gonna get your simian? And they are nice!

You're hilarious. I know that he's not getting rich off his company.

He does the work himself. Or with limited help.

Perhaps next time you could do some research before spouting such nonsense.

Never said anything about him getting rich. But I stand behind what I said.... And dont see anything hillarious about it except the long wait.
Unless people are paying right before they get their bags, that's a really long time to have money being held while waiting to get your product.
At least to me... Since I'm definitely not making the big bux like some people -perhaps you are and it doesn't bother you?
not sure what you're considering nonsense about what I said.

But yes, simians are super nice... Quality, hand made bags and I do recommend them to many people. but The wait to get one blows my mind.

not sure if any of you seen this yet but here's a little project theme bag I decided to make. thought you would all like to see it.

the shell is removable and padded it can also carry your favorite tmnt weapons. I also have a full set of tmnt zipper pulls from funke zipper pulls on it.

I am planning to make a few more of these that I will be either raffling off or auctioning off. they will be made at random times so I cant say for sure when I will exactly have one made to get rid of. I do have a second one in the works right now that will be done by this weekend.

I am going to try to make a couple of these at least every time I cut out more simians. and I tend to cut them out every 2 to 3 months.

if you got any questions or want to see a few more pics I have them posted on my fb page to see www.facebook.com/gbds1

10957127_924746907589517_8328088392824463862_n.jpg

5 years with my Silverback...can't imagine discin' with anything else! :cool:

And the wait times have always been very transparent and up front...you know what you're getting into (or you should) when you make the purchase.

I had both a Simian & Spider Monkey and I sold them....

I've never been more disappointed in a #BagWhore move... Those bags were awesome.

C'mon order #1536! I just realized you can see the orders being completed on the facebook page, really cool. I was excited to connect to the process, and reminded I still have 5 mos to go, haaa. . gahh. .. I'll enjoy the suspense.