• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

green discs

green discs

• you bought a green disc(s)

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • you lost a green disc(s)

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • you found a green disc(s)

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • you like green disc(s)

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • you hate green disc(s)

Votes: 40 39.6%

• Total voters
Or black, brown, clear, etc. Unless they are bright yellow or orange you will have trouble finding them sooner or later in defferent terrains

Or black, brown, clear, etc. Unless they are bright yellow or orange you will have trouble finding them sooner or later in defferent terrains

The only clear disc i use is my putter :) I dont know why anyone would want to throw a clear object 400 feet, then go look for it.

Last edited:
Exactly. A buddy of my dyed his disc digital camo and I laugh everytime he uses it

Yeah I have found 6 discs in my 2 summers of playing, 3 were green and found in a tree, one was yellow and found in the brush. The other two were white and found in some bizarre spots that you think anyone would see, but may not look. For that reason, I try to stay away from green and yellow discs. I have often wondered that valkyrie. Maybe the reason they make those colors is so you do lose them and have to buy more.

I made rhe mstake of throwing my yellow star destroyer this fall. There were no leave between me and the basket (usualy never make it to the basket). So i bomb my yellow disc...and it went past the basket and into the woods. Took forever of kicking around the 2 feet of leaves to find that thing....

This subject is hard for me because I love green. I learned the hard way that it is horrible color for discs. I now try to hunt down Orange and Pink exclusively. I will settle for yellow or white.

Lat 64 doesn't really produce many green discs, however, they love to produce dull hard to see colors. You may pick up an Opto disc and say, "Well Gee Wilikers, this disc sure is purdy." Then as some sort of cruel practical joke, these discs will blend in with almost any surface known to man. On top of that, they had the audacity to produce clear and even "chameleon" colored discs.

Luckily, their new Goldline is very visible and so is their Sparkle line.

I like the "tennis-ball" yellow-green color for my discs. Highly visible from "a country mile". Isnt that color considered green? I wont buy the GREEN, green discs though. I figure those would be easily lost.

I do know that folks were telling me that the pink discs are the most highly visible ones when thrown into the rough. I might have to start buying my discs in pink if I can get over the fact that they're....well...pink!

I have a Green Champion Teebird that is just sitting in my workbench waiting to be thrown. If and when I lose my yellow Teebird I will break it out and sacrifice it to the woods. Not sure why I bought that disc. I guess it was the right plastic and right disc.

So you mean Al Gore "green"? Are there environmentally friendly, biodegradable, no tree damage discs out there?

Snap Discs are supposedly Earth friendly, like the Helios.

My son and I have quite a few neon green discs that are highly visible. Innova puts out the best neon green. Neon green and hot pink are good choices.
I use alot of white in the summer months.

I'm red/green colorblind so I stay away from both of those colors. My preference is bright blue or white. Neon yellow or orange can work too but they have to be very bright colors.

I prefer blue discs. Totally unnatural color in foliage.
I agree, green and clear drivers never made sense to me.

So I guess the question is...why don't they make more blue discs?
They are a lesser produced color. :(

I look for anything that's bright. Some greens are OK. Some blues are too dull. They are easily lost in shadowy wooded areas. Same with dull red, orange or yellow in fall.

I lost a Green Champ Valk in some thick bushes. Never saw it again, but I did get a call from a guy that found it a year and a half later. I don't know why I ever bought a green disc. The only black discs that I would throw would be mids or putters, inless I was playing in snow. Then, a black disc would work I guess.

I have three green organic voodoos...harder than hell to find when I drive/approach with them and don't keep my eye on it till I get to it.