• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Greetings

Cam2

I finally signed up for an account on the site. I've used the site many times over the years for course info and the occasional lurking in the forums.

A big thanks to all who contribute and share.

I've been playing recreationally since about 1996 with only a Lightning Hyzer #2 for most of those years. Eventually I picked up a Discraft Challenger putt and approach about 10 years ago.

In just the last 4-5 years have I bought more discs (all Innova) of different flight paths and weights and finally learned how to throw a little bit better. I learned the difference between a power grip and a control grip and have enjoyed my rounds a lot more.

I am currently working on throwing technique and use just a few discs so I do not get distracted with different plastics, flight paths, and weights. My biggest struggles are control shots and putting. I know both improve the most with practice, but getting the time for rounds has been difficult. I'd love a portable basket to practice putts.

Here's to keeping my head up and keeping the faith. Thanks for having me and I hope to add to the community.

-Cam2

Welcome from a fellow buckeye! If you happen to be in the Cbus area, hit me up and we'll play a round somewhere.....

^^^ blah ignore Crow and all the buckeyeness .. GO Tigers!! Clemson that is :p :p .. i kid, i kid, welcome!!

^^^ blah ignore Crow and all the buckeyeness .. GO Tigers!! Clemson that is :p :p .. i kid, i kid, welcome!!

Sure, you can name your team after an aggressive, fast, graceful hunter. But it takes real guts and confidence to name your team after a tree! :thmbup:

(I kid as well, not really a rabid fan)

/threadjack

Sure, you can name your team after an aggressive, fast, graceful hunter. But it takes real guts and confidence to name your team after a tree! :thmbup:

(I kid as well, not really a rabid fan)

/threadjack

lol :hfive: .. well i cant talk trash to our rival since they have beaten us 5 years in a row so i have to find someone :eek: :eek: :p

lol :hfive: .. well i cant talk trash to our rival since they have beaten us 5 years in a row so i have to find someone :eek: :eek: :p

Ohio has a similar problem only in reverse.... hard to trash talk the Wolverines when they don't show up....

Healthy jibes

It is always good fun to bust out a few healthy jibs in the college sports arena.
I'm a fan of the OSU Buckeyes, UC Bearcats, and ND Fighting Irish. I'm a proxy fan of the Auburn Tigers since my wife attended a few years there and fell in love with Auburn. I'm also a proxy fan of the OU Bobcats since my good friend went there and I've party several times in Athens. Those Halloween parties at OU were wonderfully memorable!

I'll actually be at the Ohio State Fair the first weekend in August, but I'll be busy as the MC for the Joust being held on Sunday. I perform once or twice a year with Combatants Keep (www.combatantskeep.com).

Greetings and welcome!

How do you like your Discraft challenger? Been thinking about getting one of these in FLX.

Latest posts