• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

I have read through most of this thread, and may have over looked this, but how does it do with a less than full main compartment? I carry 14 or 15 (3 putters, 3 mids, and 9 or so drivers/ fairway) discs currently, and am just curious.
You can pick up Innovas "U" channel soft divider for about $9.00 to stop the discs from flopping all over the place.

I have read through most of this thread, and may have over looked this, but how does it do with a less than full main compartment? I carry 14 or 15 (3 putters, 3 mids, and 9 or so drivers/ fairway) discs currently, and am just curious.

I typically carry 14....2 putters up top. 4 mids/putters & 8 drivers along with 2 small towels and gloves as needed in the main compartment. Here's a pic...
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1973.jpg
    IMG_1973.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 369
Today I carried 9 drivers, 8 mids, and 2 putters in the pocket. I could have slipped another driver or mid in there but it would have been tight getting the end ones out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gsV229273Q&feature=player_embedded#!

Here is a video I found on YouTube for those questioning how much you can store in the grip. I have no clue how to embed the video so if someone else knows how, feel free to help the computer illiterate out.

Hope this helps...after the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

use the 0gsV229273Q

but not the &feature=player_embedded#

and this is what you get after clicking on the "YouTube" icon and pasting the 0gsV229273Q in the middle of the "YOUTUBE" "/YOUTUBE" tags....

I got my Grip bag yesterday in the mail, and I'll have to say, this is one nice bag! The only thing that I didn't like is the bag was kind if crammed in the box so it warped the side frame. I fixed it and couldn't be happier! I had a voodoo mojo and I feel like the nylon was a little tougher on the voodoo.

I will getting the Grip as soon as I sell one of my guitars and/or my discs I need to sell. Finally saw one in person and really talked to the guy who used it, and it really does look like a great bag for me since i have reduced the # of discs I carry.

Cheers! Have you modified it somehow? I heard that some people have had problems fitting it inside the compartment.
Width-wise it fits perfectly, but it does SLIGHTLY stick up over the front mouth of the storage compartment. To correct this you can just push it down slightly, angling the channel slightly outward toward the front of the bag. Kinda hard to describe, but it works and even if you don't angle it back it doesn't interfere with getting your discs in and out. It's mainly a cosmetic thing.

Check out this post for an idea of how it fits in there.

I'll try to snap some pictures of mine this weekend with the divider sitting flat and rotated back so you can get a better idea of the fit.

how many zippers are on these guys? thinking about ordering some zipper pulls for my coal/black i'll bet getting in a few weeks. any idea on what color combo would look best? i'd probably just do gray/black...

Those of you that have older Grip Bags (purchased this summer or earlier), check to see how your putter pocket is holding up. I noticed earlier this fall that my putter pocket was getting caught on the velcro inside the main compartment and that it was actually fraying the pocket pretty bad. I called Grip about it and they were aware of the problem saying that the newer bags have a smaller velcro patch that doesn't interfere with the putter pocket. I looked at some of the newer Grip bags and confirmed this is the case.

I had to send my bag in to get it repaired.