• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

The bump on this thread reminded me I was going to share some pictures of the Innova U-Channel divider in the bag and how much it sticks up if it's just sitting flat in the bag (not angled down and out). Sorry for the light saturation in the photos, but you can see the divider just fine.

Here it is sitting flat (you can see it just sticks up over the lip of the main compartment)...

grippy1.jpg

Here it is with the divider pushed down below the lip of the bag, angling the divider outward toward the opening...

grippy2.jpg

As you can see, the dividers themselves are pretty flimsy and bend easily, but still do a good enough job of keeping things from flopping around and give you that little extra bit of space if you don't carry a full compartment of discs and need it for a jacket, or more important things, like beers. :hfive:

How did you get it to fit? My U-Divider from my Competition bag was too large to fit.... unless you took the plastic insoles on the sides that block the disc compartment and the large storage compartments.....

any idea on what color combo would look best? i'd probably just do gray/black...
The gray is definitely a 'different' color gray. Something that pops would be cool. Neon green or pink if that's your thing. Otherwise straight up black would be cool, or maybe a greenish gunmetal/black?? Post some pics of whatever you go with. After seeing onemilemore's out on the course I've been thinking of getting some for my Coal/Black Grip too.

How did you get it to fit? My U-Divider from my Competition bag was too large to fit.... unless you took the plastic insoles on the sides that block the disc compartment and the large storage compartments.....
It just dropped right in. Fits perfectly across the width of the main compartment without modification.

Interesting that the one from your Comp bag wouldn't fit, as it's my understanding that the one that I bought was/is a direct replacement for that and the Deluxe bag. :confused:

yeah, i thought about something with a bit of color. typically i'm not a fan of red but i think the black and red might look good on the coal/black bag.

It just dropped right in. Fits perfectly across the width of the main compartment without modification.

Interesting that the one from your Comp bag wouldn't fit, as it's my understanding that the one that I bought was/is a direct replacement for that and the Deluxe bag. :confused:

innova actually has 3 different widths of u-channel dividers depending on which bag you're pulling it from. I'm not 100% sure which one dehaas and I had, I just bought it separate from DGC and it was the correct size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gsV229273Q&feature=player_embedded#!

Here is a video I found on YouTube for those questioning how much you can store in the grip. I have no clue how to embed the video so if someone else knows how, feel free to help the computer illiterate out.

I just created a video response to that. I think they recently changed the design of the flap. You can no longer fit a disc in there.

edit - I see that the guy that made that video has to approve my response first, so here it is:

Last edited:
I just created a video response to that. I think they recently changed the design of the flap. You can no longer fit a disc in there.
???

I can fit a disc in mine and I have what I'd consider one of the newer designs. I'm not sure if I could get a putter in there, but definitely a driver or midrange.

???

I can fit a disc in mine and I have what I would likely consider one of the newer designs. I'm not sure if I could get a putter in there, but definitely a driver or midrange.

I had to send my bag in for warranty and they just ended up replacing it. I got my new bag in the mail today.

Anecdotal evidence but here are photos of a Neutron Anode, Ti Buzzz, Neutron Volt, and a Vibram Lace in my Clay/Coal:

attachment.php

Obviously the discs go down farther than illustrated (except the Buzzz). I've not slid them all the way down so you can see the names.

And as I've said before, I wouldn't actually STORE a disc in that pouch.

P.S. My Wizard fits in there too.

Attachments

• ____.jpg
    ____.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 243
Yep, that video I posted is me trying to fit a Predator in that pouch. It's a small diameter disc and it doesn't have a deep profile.

I have to change my view on the bag. I still think it's a great bag, just not great for me. I own one, and still use it (because I paid lots of money for it).

My issues are, I have a massive torso, and extremely broad shoulders and a gut that could smother a toddler. The grip bag is a quality bag, but it sits weird on my back. It slides around awkwardly while walking. Also, in casual rounds when I throw multiple discs a lie, the rattling around is super annoying. I have no problems with the bag outside of my personal preference, other than sitting the bag down on awkward lies, it has a tendency to fall over or lean really bad. When it falls over it gets dirty, and then my shirt gets dirty unless I wipe it off, which usually takes 10-15 wipes to get it clean.

I would recommend this bag to smaller guys, but bigger guys I would not. After getting this bag, my back stopped hurting, so that's a good thing. Which is the reason I think I'm going to keep using it. Climbing hills and rough terrain is wonderful with this bag.

From what I understand, the limited edition and signature edition bags will fit a disc in the front pocket (or, more specifically, any bag made in the USA.) any mass production bags made overseas are slightly different size specs and don't fit a disc. I wouldn't quote me on that distinction, however.

yeah, i thought about something with a bit of color. typically i'm not a fan of red but i think the black and red might look good on the coal/black bag.

I went with two sets of pulls, one to match my sports teams in football and baseball season. It doesn't add a ton of color, but it adds a little customization.

From what I understand, the limited edition and signature edition bags will fit a disc in the front pocket (or, more specifically, any bag made in the USA.) any mass production bags made overseas are slightly different size specs and don't fit a disc. I wouldn't quote me on that distinction, however.

I don't know, if you look at Ulibarri's in the bag video it looks like he just has a plain black Grip and he keeps a Gator in that pouch.

I don't know, if you look at Ulibarri's in the bag video it looks like he just has a plain black Grip and he keeps a Gator in that pouch.

I think (again, no quoting) Grip made all their pro's bags in the US, even if they were standard colors. If you're a pro representing Grip, you got an American made bag. If you're a horrifically intermediate player like me, you got The People's Republic of Eight Cents an Hour.

My wifes bag and mine! Mines the pink one! Lol We love them!!!

Attachments

• 2012-09-19 21.10.07.jpg
    2012-09-19 21.10.07.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 2012-09-19 21.14.07.jpg
    2012-09-19 21.14.07.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts