• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Sorry I typed in generalities. I have not had a problem with the Gorilla boy bag I owned. You make great points, thanks for sharing.

Sorry I typed in generalities. I have not had a problem with the Gorilla boy bag I owned. You make great points, thanks for sharing.

No worries... I understand everyone's enthusiasm for this bag - the design is top notch. We just don't have to tear the other manufacturers down when most of them have just as good customer service but don't have to prove it every day because of repeated product failures.

There is no doubt that Grip and @ are making a valiant effort to make things right and there is sincerity in his customer service efforts.

For the record I'd like to see Grip do well.

Im just not going to buy anything from them untill I feel good about the design and execution of the manufactured product.

One thing that I DO hope comes out of all this is a push toward innovation in DG equipment. @ is certainly learning how to run a business. All of us that have a business must do that. Some times the easy way, and sometimes the hard way.

I would love to see greater innovation in DG equipment. Think what might happen if a mountain bike company made a DG seat. Im sitting here looking at my huk sit and imagining Carbon fiber legs on it.

While I enjoy the Keen Milo 2s they really have a long way to go toward being a lasting durable shoe but they do have many other desirable features. As disc golf grows other companys will enter the market and release products specific to disc golf. I sincerely hope that we all vote with our $$ and support innovative DG products that are done right.

Justin brought an innovative fresh product to market. I look forward to seeing the response from the rest of the industry.

Does anyone think they would have bought this bag if Justin didn't get Avery, Val, and Nate to endorse the bag? I mean he got three of the top players to put their name behind something that wasn't proven and had the chance to fail. Just some food for thought.

I would have still bought it, but I saw a very early prototype before Avery, Nate, and Val were on board.

I have had 0 quality issues with my bag. I got one of extra's from the first batch that came to Dynamic and it's been the best bag I've owned so far. The weight distribution is amazing. My only complaint is the putter pocket in in front of the main disc compartment. I remedied that by using the top pockets. Not a deal breaker. I hope Grip succeeds and continues to make innovative quality products.

This sounds great as it should hopefully curtain the previous quality issues. It seems as though it will be worth the wait.

This sounds great as it should hopefully curtain the previous quality issues. It seems as though it will be worth the wait.

Agreed. I had a feeling he was going to bring production to the US :D

Sounds like he's had to cut the middleman out in order to bring the mfg. stateside so I'm guessing they'll end up around the same price, only direct through him now.

a number of reasons I guess
wait
is the one through DD going to be this improved second run or the revamped first run
the cost
do I just want new quads for my Carolina

blurgh

if it wasn't over 2 bills (to Canada I might have already jumped in)

A Grip bag bombshell!

Just got an e-mail from Grip....bad news. They tossed all the 1st runs that they had left and will only be releasing the second runs. That's all good, but now they won't be out till May 31st!
Call me crazy, but I still want one and will get one someday. I'm just glad I decided to get a Voodoo Karma bag while waiting for my Grip bag! Also not sure how this will effect the pre-orders at DD and LDS?

Big Bummer!

a number of reasons I guess
wait
is the one through DD going to be this improved second run or the revamped first run
the cost
do I just want new quads for my Carolina

blurgh

if it wasn't over 2 bills (to Canada I might have already jumped in)

Nope...all the first runs have been scratched. Those of us that have preordered from DD will be getting the 2nd run.

The DD preorders will now be a part of the 2nd run. I wouldn't call this bad news..........

And now the release dates will actually be correct since he has more control in the US...all the shipping issues were because they were coming via boat from china.

Latest posts