• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

The DD preorders will now be a part of the 2nd run. I wouldn't call this bad news..........

And now the release dates will actually be correct since he has more control in the US...all the shipping issues were because they were coming via boat from china.
No longer being made overseas? That's would be cool. I called and left a message at DD, but have not heard back yet, but did you talk to them? and they will still keep are orders? because on the Grip site, he is starting his own pre-order list as well.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
No longer being made overseas? That's would be cool. I called and left a message at DD, but have not heard back yet, but did you talk to them? and they will still keep are orders? because on the Grip site, he is starting his own pre-order list as well.

Thanks for the info!

As far as I know, dd isn't taking any more preorders (asked rusco at last tourney)...but I dunno about now after this news. Here is the latest post from Justin:

www.grip-eq.com/media

Greetings golfers,

We just yesterday have put enough puzzle pieces in place to have solid news to share with inquiring minds. As was mentioned in our previous post, we have seen some quality issues from the first run of our bags that are unacceptable. As such we have had to make some serious adjustments to ensure that we produce the top quality gear that you need.

The straight talk as of today is that we are scrapping the first run and moving right into a revised second build. Our firm deadline to have this product available is May 31... but we even intend to beat that. This second build will be taking place at a factory in LA that is run personally by our development team so we can be fully assured of quality and deadlines.

This change also means that we will be the exclusive retailers of these bags in North America via GripEQ.com for the forseeable future.

We are starting a waiting list to keep the release process orderly. If you want to get one of these sicky bags when they come out, you had better get on this list! Send your name, email, and street address to which we can ship through June to [email protected] and we will get you set up!

Then, after you've signed up for a new bag and scoped out our new website, shut off that computer and go drop some Hyzer Bombs! BOOMTOWN!!

when you get your grip i want your karma rick!!!:hfive:

Just got an e-mail from Grip....bad news. They tossed all the 1st runs that they had left and will only be releasing the second runs. That's all good, but now they won't be out till May 31st!
Call me crazy, but I still want one and will get one someday. I'm just glad I decided to get a Voodoo Karma bag while waiting for my Grip bag! Also not sure how this will effect the pre-orders at DD and LDS?

Big Bummer!

when you get your grip i want your karma rick!!!:hfive:
Noooo way. this bag is sweeet. Out of the current crop, even my Lat bag :( This a very well made and designed bag. But I bet in another year, there will be another king of the hill. I just need to stop buying and just wear out the ones I have!

Grip EQ bag waiting list

So if you are one the ones waiting on this bag like me, you are going to have to wait a little longer. I just read the RSS from Grip stating that the bag was delayed and will be coming out in late May/ early June. Also the bags are only going to sold through the Grip website. If you want to get your hands on this bag as soon as possible there is a waiting list.

Here is the link: http://grip-eq.com/media/single/second_run/

2nd run

Exciting stuff from the grip eq website. Looking forward to seeing the two tone option. Hopefully double stitching is also " a small detail" that will be addressed in this run. After repairing my current Grip bag I absolutely love it, looking forward to the new bag.
Gary

from the grip site:

"can you tell us some of the changes being made on this second run? Also is the price going to change?"

"GripEQ
We've modified the patterns ever so slightly to make SURE your putters would fit in the quiver pocket amongst other small details of the fit and finish that didn't come off the factory line like they did in the protos and samples... (water bottle holder snugness, etc.)

Also, the market seemed almost offended that we used a tough Poly instead of Nylon, so we're switching to a 1680d Nylon exterior. And we're adding a second styling option with a sexy two-tone look... Oooh-la-la!

The price will remain 180usd+shipping."

Exciting stuff from the grip eq website. Looking forward to seeing the two tone option. Hopefully double stitching is also " a small detail" that will be addressed in this run. After repairing my current Grip bag I absolutely love it, looking forward to the new bag.
Gary

from the grip site:

"can you tell us some of the changes being made on this second run? Also is the price going to change?"

"GripEQ
We've modified the patterns ever so slightly to make SURE your putters would fit in the quiver pocket amongst other small details of the fit and finish that didn't come off the factory line like they did in the protos and samples... (water bottle holder snugness, etc.)

Also, the market seemed almost offended that we used a tough Poly instead of Nylon, so we're switching to a 1680d Nylon exterior. And we're adding a second styling option with a sexy two-tone look... Oooh-la-la!

The price will remain 180usd+shipping."

veddy nice :)

just a though justin could add a RiRi Aquazip,YKK Aquaseal zips, or Uretek water resistant zipper. those would be the ****

Attachments

• zip.jpg
    zip.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 29
  • H2OResistantZipper_1.jpg
    H2OResistantZipper_1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 33
FYI... via the grip eq site:

We've modified the patterns ever so slightly to make SURE your putters would fit in the quivver pocket amongst other small details of the fit and finish that didn't come off the factory line like they did in the protos and samples... (water bottle holder snugness, etc.)

The price will remain 180usd+shipping.

**Update** After more deliberations over materials we have upgraded the body fabric from 1680d Nylon to 1000d Cordura! Don't let the smaller number fool you, though... we've made this choice because DuPont brand Cordura fabric is even more consistent and abrasion resistant than the 1680d Nylon.

The 1680d is better at dissipating ballistic energy, but worse at getting scraped against rocks, branches, and parking lots. For stopping bullets you want layers and layers of 1680d Nylon, but for holding your precious bombs, you want Cordura baby!

IDK, I put down my bucks with DD and now he might flake on them/me. If that happens I'm buying stock in Voodoo!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

IDK, I put down my bucks with DD and now he might flake on them/me. If that happens I'm buying stock in Voodoo!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Also from the grip site....

Does this May 31st target date, include those bags that were ordered through Dynamic Discs?

Yes, Jeremy and I are working together to honor the pre-order commitments DD made. The same goes for those of you who pre-ordered through LDS.

But make no mistake we have offered no pre-orders since last summer and have not authorized any company to do so on our behalf.

The only way to get in on the second run from here on out is through GripEQ.com and the waiting list mentioned above.

He is not going to flake out.....the 2nd run bags will be given to everyone who preordered via DD.

He is not going to flake out.....the 2nd run bags will be given to everyone who preordered via DD.
If you say so? I talked to DD the other day and things are still up in the air. They've been talking to Justin, but there is nothing for sure as of yet. However, the minute they know. There were going to inform all the pre-order people.
I also find it hard to fathom that DD or LDS would just take pre-orders without some type of wink and a nod from Grip. Not buying that for a second.

Latest posts