• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Thanks everyone for the help! Think I'm gonna wait and try somebody's on next time I see one before I buy.

Yeah, try on as many bags as you can before deciding. I wasn't able to try on a Mahal, but I did try on a dual pack and the grip...grip felt great. I got a grip.
I wanted to hold out to see what the Prodiscus bag turns out to be....but I rarely carry over 15-18 discs, so the grip has more than enough room for me...although I'm sure the grip could cram in many more discs, 25+ using both putter pockets.

I still have a coupe of other bags that I thought I'd use for days where I want less plastic, but I haven't used any of them...

Well, I finally broke down and did it. I just ordered myself a charcoal/black Grip bag! I've never used anything other than my crunch box and my innova comp bag, and I was never a big fan of the comp bag. I wanted something that was bigger/better than the crunch box in all aspects instead of strictly in disc capacity. Plus I got tired of breaking straps on my smaller bags by overloading them with water. Gotta love playing in the desert...

Well, I finally broke down and did it. I just ordered myself a charcoal/black Grip bag! I've never used anything other than my crunch box and my innova comp bag, and I was never a big fan of the comp bag. I wanted something that was bigger/better than the crunch box in all aspects instead of strictly in disc capacity. Plus I got tired of breaking straps on my smaller bags by overloading them with water. Gotta love playing in the desert...

It will be the best purchase disc golf wise you will make. If you don't carry more than 18-20 discs and 2-3 putters you're gonna love this bag. It's big enough to carry everything you need for a round but not over sized so you feel like your carrying a suitcase on your back. Will be perfect for you playing in the desert since it fits two 32oz water bottles and you could easily fit more water bottles in the side compartments.

Will be perfect for you playing in the desert since it fits two 32oz water bottles and you could easily fit more water bottles in the side compartments.

The two big bottle holders were a big plus for me. I always disliked about my smaller bags the fact that I couldn't fit my nalgenes without risking tearing the material, and even with a smaller bottle in the drink holder, putting another one in the storage pocket would stress the straps quite a bit. And I always loved my crunch box, but constantly find myself wishing I could fit more in it storage wise. So this should be a perfect upgrade for me.

Last edited:
Best bag I've ever used. Innovative designs with disc golf in mind, not copies of bad designs. Fits great, carries everything I need. Probably have this bag the rest of my career.

^^ i second that!

im not gonna buy another bag unless its another grip in a different color. i love the bag and everything about it. the only way id buy something else is if voodoo came out with a comperable backpack bag, because their bags are amazing as well

Awesome bag! I love it!

A man of few words but speaks the truth.

The only complaint I have and it's very small, is that your back will get sweaty since it covers your whole back and doesn't let air through. Of course when you're like me and sweat like a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck in 100 degree weather its not really the bags fault.

Any word yet on a slightly smaller bag? I'm ready to pull the trigger but truthfully I only need about a 15 disc capacity bag. 5 drivers, 3 mid, and a round Tupperware that takes up about 3 discs of space with misc odds and ends. My two putters would go in the quiver.

The Grip Bag is amazing, I love mine. I have a second run, its got the perfect amount of room for me personally. Looking forward to getting some in stock in our store!

got a tour of the bag from the guys at glide. Wow what a well designed bag! I may have to move some plastic and save up for that thing! just amazing!!

Has anybody come up with a way to add some dividers? I won't be carrying enough to fill the bottom and I'd like a way to stop them from flopping around (plus I just like dividers).