• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gummiest, stickiest putter there is?

Any recommendations for a really "grabby" putter, one that's gummy and sticky. One that will lock on to some chains?

I'm currently using a 180g Star Aero, but its pretty stiff and not very flexible (yes, TWSS). I am looking into getting a second, more gummy putter.

Your thoughts? And yes, I did a search for gummiest putter and the like. Not a ton of useful stuff came back.

(EDIT: Okay, maybe I should have just tried gummy putter instead of gummiest)

I feel your pain with the Aero and its hard edge. Because of the same issue and I tried Aviar (YUK), Rhyno, Gumputt, Birdie, Challenger, and several others.

I settled on the Challenger in FLX plastic. It does just what you are looking for.

Don't give up on the Aero totally. It is great for real long putts, 100 to 125 ups, and any kind of an annie.

I got my second ace with mine on a 157' basket. It requires dead on accuracy through a small but unforgiving opening in the trees or a straight throw with a good annie on the end. The Aero worked great on the annie throw.

While Supreme Juju, Woodchuck, Blowfly, & proto R-Pro hypersoft XD are all quite soft & delicious, THIS is the gummiest, stickiest (and most delicious) putter there is:
VP1.jpg

VP2.jpg

VP3.jpg

Last edited:
Vegan owns like every one of those ever made so don't plan on being able to get one of those. They are going into regular production this summer from what I know. Try a regular VP, they hit chains and fall in the basket everytime!!

Steve confirmed to me that a similar rubber may be used for a production run of VPs late this summer, so if you like gummy/sticky, keep your eyes open, because the "rubber vomit" is the pinnacle.

And, to echo peppermack, "VPs RULE!"