• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gummiest, stickiest putter there is?

Floppy putters stay in when you hit chains..................you just hit chains on a more inconsistent basis.

I used floppy putters for a long time with what I thought was good success and it took 2 years of nagging from Blake_T to switch and after a little adjusting my putting greatly approved and my range of styles also increased.

With floppy putter you basically have to spin putt with more of throwing motion since firm putters are more suitable from a putt where you push off of the flightplate.

It was hilarious with the Blowfly when I took it out the first time because you barely could hear the chains when it went in.

Soft putters are fun for a whole lot of reasons...I understand why others don't like them...but they have a lot more uses than you really think.

Need to approach but can't risk a roll away on a putt you don't have much shot of making? Throw it at the pin with a floppy putter, it'll probably stick to the ground for you.

Also soft discs can make you pay attention to how you putt, they're more sensitive to weird movements.

I like my FLX challenger a lot, it's not all that soft, maybe slightly less so than an Elite X, but it's got a great feel in my hand. Soft magnets have varying degrees of soft but I like them all. I have an APX that has a GREAT hand feel in the elite X soft plastic and can bend considerably.

I have kind of a putter problem...

\/\/

The Gateway SSS is way overstated. I bought a first run Voodoo in SSS was not as soft/flexible as the Omega SuperSoft.
Nothing, however beats a BlowFly.

Really really depends on the run. My new SSS voodoo is the softest thing I've felt while still keeping it's form somewhat. Some SSS's are tougher than some softs.

Personally I think that the gumbputts aren't all that great because of the floppyness but also they really aren't that gummy but just rough and sort of rubbery.

Now that I think of it I'm sure there's a plastic out there disc companies haven't tried that would grab you fingers and not let them move. Though that may be more like a bouncy ball material and bounce out some or something.

Soft putters are fun for a whole lot of reasons...I understand why others don't like them...

If you use a loft style putt or Blake T's short arm technique then the soft putter's flight plate flexes waaaay to much for any real consistency.

I'll agree with Scoot_er that if you are a spin putter then soft putters are okay.

I'll also agree that soft putters are great for tricky landing zones; I love a softer Pro Rhyno for the ability to stick sketchy landings without rollong away.

The Blowfly and other similar DGA putters are probably the floppiest you can get, but I would recommend against them for putting. They are excellent approach discs, but I can't count how many times my blowfly hit the sweet spot, dropped down into the basket and then BOUNCED OUT.

The Millenium Omega Supersoft is the gummiest putter that I've ever had in my hands, but it felt a little bit too soft for my liking.

Right now I'm throwing Discraft Esp FLX and I'm loving it. It's nice and gummy, but still feels solid enough.

Good advice about the Blowfly here in my experience. The softness makes it 'springy' so when it misses, it can spring up on edge and take some nasty 'tournament rolls'. I agree about the Omega SS as well. I love the mold, appears identcal to me beloved Aviar putters, but just doesn't feel right. YMMV.

If you use a loft style putt or Blake T's short arm technique then the soft putter's flight plate flexes waaaay to much for any real consistency.

I'll agree with Scoot_er that if you are a spin putter then soft putters are okay.

I'll also agree that soft putters are great for tricky landing zones; I love a softer Pro Rhyno for the ability to stick sketchy landings without rollong away.

Technique with the arm movement might be different than mine but I disagree as I use the blowfly with a rather lofty putt. Of course, I dont really "grip" it so much as have it lying across my fingers with the thumb on top ever so lightly as to guide it and spin it up like pizza dough.

Also have never had any problem with one bouncing out as it always seems to just stop dead without barely moving the chains.

And dont see where it would be possible to get the thing to roll. Min at least, if it falls on end, it just folds over. It cant support its own weight to roll. Maybe if you got a lot of spin and momentum on it, but like I said, I loft it.

I will have to note though, that since I have been practicing putting, I might decide to switch to a more direct putt; in which case I dont know that my Blowfly is what I would use. Banger-GT might start getting the majority of the action again.

My two cents...
The original post was for stickiest, gummiest putter; one that will stick to the chains.
I have a LOT of different putters and here are a few candidates:
1. My favorite "sticky" putter is an HPP Magic. I know that Magics are bad for "tourney rolls", but the HPP is so floppy, grippy and soft.
2. Next is the Q-Mega. Very grippy, not quite as soft as the HPP Magic.
3. Blowfly, Blunt, GumPutt, and all the DGA putters are varying degrees of soft. Find someone who carries them and check them out. I wouldn't order any off the Internet unless you know what you're getting.
4. The Pro Rhyno and Pro Pig are sticky, but not really soft.
5. The 10M Brick is not really sticky, but it is soft at the rim and WILL NOT ROLL. The other advantage is that they are unbelievably understable. From 15', it will begin to turn over. It actually will glide a good ways. But it has a strange grip. You have to get used to it.

well

my friend found an x-putter on our local course and that thing is rediculously floppy. ive even messed around and drove with it was not too bad. i compared that to my dx aviar and i had better results wit the x putter. i think that a quest 10 meter brick is the closest ive thrown to this weird x putter thingymajig that my friend let me putt with. max weight soft is the way to go. i held a dicraft soft banger and ive contemplated speding my last 15 bucks on it. ive tried a soft magnet and have gotten ok results compared to this xputter. so i think i might make a switch to a heavy soft putter in the season coming