• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gummiest, stickiest putter there is?

corey

Bogey Member
Any recommendations for a really "grabby" putter, one that's gummy and sticky. One that will lock on to some chains?

I'm currently using a 180g Star Aero, but its pretty stiff and not very flexible (yes, TWSS). I am looking into getting a second, more gummy putter.

Your thoughts? And yes, I did a search for gummiest putter and the like. Not a ton of useful stuff came back.

(EDIT: Okay, maybe I should have just tried gummy putter instead of gummiest)

Last edited:
DGA makes the gummiest putters around. (Blowfly, Blowfly II)

Personally I like the JK Aviar X and the older Pro (not pro line) rhynos.

Woodchuck is the softest and floppiest I've ever felt....too floppy for me. I would say Gateway's SSS plastic or the new Pro Aviars are really gummy...maybe it's R-Pro, I don't know, but I have one and it's softer than all of my Gateways....

DGA makes the gummiest putters around. (Blowfly, Blowfly II)

Personally I like the JK Aviar X and the older Pro (not pro line) rhynos.

These are the gummiest although I have seen some gummy crossfires as well but am not sure who makes them.

For quality, I would get the JK Aviar X though.

The Gateway SSS is way overstated. I bought a first run Voodoo in SSS was not as soft/flexible as the Omega SuperSoft.
Nothing, however beats a BlowFly.

I don'y use soft putters when I play but i have some to practice with Gateway SSS Wizards mine are beat in and you can fold them up in a put them in your pocket easily

I second crawdad, there is nothing gummier then the gumbputt. They will literally fold around the chains.

going from throwing a aero to a floppy putter might not work out too good or really be what you want. Maybe start with something just a little soft in a grippy plastic.

Floppy putters can be hard to keep online for some people , and you might not get a consistent release . If you got big hands this might not be so much of a problem

i use SSS wizards and voodoos...not floppy per se, but very gummy and flexible...i have seen kyflash's blowfly and they are very floppy and soft...