• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys draggin carts along...

Well $#!+ fellas, I aint h8n. I'd pull one around the course and wouldnt think 2wice about what anyone would have to say about it.

I want one with a seat built in, as well as a mini faux cat-back exhaust bolted on: Spoiler too!. Air freshener hangin' off the handle... I also want a custom cereal-box license plate that says chan-adctd on it, hangin' off the back. Custom stereo and all... the works. I'd get it low to ground like mexicans.

Yea I saw a dude down in Florida with a pull cart. I thought it was a pretty sweet setup. Had a seat on top and stereo attached. I wouldnt mind trying to build one just for fun to see how it would look.

In the Freeman Lake Open this year, I played Adv Masters and was the only one in my division without a cart. One of them had the GGGT Go Cart ($175!!), and the other three had modified strollers/ball golf pull carts.

It was rainy that day, so having the room for towels, umbrella, etc. was convenient, as was the built-in seat for the inevitable tourney delays.

That said, I've played ball golf for 40 years and have always carried my bag - a disc golf bag is pretty easy to carry by comparison.

No cart for me, but I can see the appeal in tourneys - for casual rounds not so much.

Several players of all skill levels have been toting them around here in Minnesota. Two in our amateur league use them. On average they hold about 20 discs and enough room for a couple of drinks. Most of those I know using them are not using them mainly as coolers. The idea obviously is to save the back from carrying a bag and to lessen fatigue by being able to sit after each throw. That is the obvious reasons. However, there is also the factor of being unique than other players. For six months I carried a FLW collapsing chair which had a side pocket big enough for seven discs. It was convenient to be able to sit down between shots, but after the newness wore off, it became a chore to lug it around as the support struts would always bang against my lower back or legs.

Pulling a cart is not that difficult if you are playing on a level course with smooth ground. However, those in our amateur league had to abandon them on two of the courses we played at Highbridge and chose to not bring it on another because we had the rented golf carts to drive around everywhere on Gold and Granite.

Personally, I am out there for the exercise and standing is not an issue for me. If I really do need to rest, often there are benches near the tee and I am not afraid of the ground. I have a 20 disc fade bag and I made sure that I got the four point back saver straps. Then again, at 34 I am probably in far better shape than most of the those who play in our AMATEUR league. I have contemplated getting those three legged small collapseable chairs everyone else has but everytime I see them for 20 to 30 dollars, I ended up drooling over a disc or two that I would rather have instead.

There must be some traction on this whole Disc Cart thing.
Almost 70 posts in less than an hour.
Is that a record for a thread that isn't in the landfill?

I think it's ok not to like something and write about it without being a hater.

Sorry, but you sir are a hater. If you don't like something and have valid reasons then yes it is. But sounds like your don't like them for many stupid reasons. I would love to have a cart and i'm not so old, but it would benefit my game.

I saw a converted sport baby stroller used for the first time this year. On a local course here (Centenary Park) holes 3 and 4 roll along side each other and often discs end up intermixed from the opposing tees. I saw the carriage and insisted our group wait while this fellow played 3 out, then 4 back so there was no chance we'd hit his baby. I did feel a little sheepish as they watched us waiting, then passed us back again finishing 4 only for me to realize it was full of discs.

Forward a few weeks, we're out again, we come the third tee. The group ahead is already on their way back up 4 pushing a sport baby stroller. We tee off, with a 'fore'. There were no close calls or anything, but as we pass I notice this stroller has a baby in it. Damn, I feel a little sheepish again.

Not saying I like or dislike - it's up to the users I guess, each to their own. There is that confusion using strollers though.

K.

hahaha..... that had to have been Rudy, he's the only one locally that I've seen pushing a baby carriage. Though now he's got some other contraption he's rigged up with a battery, some servos and a remote control. I believe he's back in the shop with it now though as it had a lot of trouble on the hill at forest lawn the other week and broke down mid round. :rolleyes:

I was his doubles partner once and he left a disc behind so I offered to push the cart while he went to get the disc. Pushing it was a pain in the ass and in my opinion, looks silly. If you're going to mod a baby stroller, at least make it so that it doesn't look like a stroller anymore.

There's another local around here who makes really nice looking wood pull carts like this one:

11633_192153365931_583950931_4306581_7889957_n.jpg

They work much nicer, are top quality craftsmanship and look good. The thing has a built in cooler and everything.

Using a cart would never be my style, though my opinion may change as I age. But as long as you and your other cart-pulling buddies let me play through when I'm playing faster and don't leave your beer cans behind on the course, if a cart works for you, great.

so sounds like most people here are assuming people with carts play slow, drink beer and are amateurs?

I would have to have my cart pimped "Xzibit Style". I want sound sytem, head lights, huge cooler, and most definitely a cushy seat with an umbrella hanging over it. Who says you have to rough it while playing discage.

There's another local around here who makes really nice looking wood pull carts like this one:

They work much nicer, are top quality craftsmanship and look good. The thing has a built in cooler and everything.

That thing is badass! And damn purdy too. My buddy's backyard course has a couple of strategic places where we stash the cart and pick it up when we double back. This thing would be perfect!.

Does that local take orders? :)

Sorry, but you sir are a hater. If you don't like something and have valid reasons then yes it is. But sounds like your don't like them for many stupid reasons. I would love to have a cart and i'm not so old, but it would benefit my game.

And that is your opinion and there is nothing wrong with voicing it.

Love,

THE hater.

hahaha..... that had to have been Rudy, he's the only one locally that I've seen pushing a baby carriage. Though now he's got some other contraption he's rigged up with a battery, some servos and a remote control. I believe he's back in the shop with it now though as it had a lot of trouble on the hill at forest lawn the other week and broke down mid round. :rolleyes:

I was his doubles partner once and he left a disc behind so I offered to push the cart while he went to get the disc. Pushing it was a pain in the ass and in my opinion, looks silly. If you're going to mod a baby stroller, at least make it so that it doesn't look like a stroller anymore.

11633_192153365931_583950931_4306581_7889957_n.jpg

Hey, that's so funny, small world after all, thanks for posting. Yeah, I'm more of a rec player, never tried any tourneys or leagues so I don't know the regulars.

That cart is *hot*. Now there is a reason to pull something right there. Really, does he take orders? I will admit, I still probably couldn't be bothered, but for those long Sunday afternoon sessions in the summer where copious refreshments are involved that thing'd rock.

K.

...if or when I drag along a cart, it would be one of those if they were available. In addition to being a hater, I am a course snob in that I don't like rocky courses, I will play them but I prefer grass and that thing, with some ice, slices of lime and lemon along with Tanquery and Schwepps and I'm schleppin along with my cart in tow on a hot summer evening.

That is a pull cart even "THE hater" would love.

I push a cart and I use it for a cooler. When its 105 everyday and your halfway through a round, an ice cold beverage is just what you nee of a hot one. It really helps during tourney play and gives me a little boost of extra energy when I get cold gatorade and snacks

That thing is badass! And damn purdy too. My buddy's backyard course has a couple of strategic places where we stash the cart and pick it up when we double back. This thing would be perfect!.

Does that local take orders? :)

I'm not really sure if he is or not at the moment. I know he had intentions of marketing them at some point, but I don't think he's followed through on them yet. I'm pretty sure he has about 3 of them built though.

I do know that they'd be pretty pricey as he puts a ton of work into them and the detail on them is excellent.

If you're serious about it, I'll ask him and get you in touch with him, but the shipping might be a bit of a killer to the states.