• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hampton, VA

DiscBiscuit

Par Member
I'll be heading down to see Phish:)cool:) @ the Hampton Coliseum, Friday March 6,
and Saturday March 7. Anybody have suggestions on which course I play during
the day on Saturday? I'd like to keep the course in the area of the coliseum.

Bayville Park is about 20 minutes away. It's a nice short, flat course, with multiple tee pads and baskets to make it more challenging. 18 plus 2 extra holes.

Bayville is a bit more that 20 minutes with bridge traffic. But Newport News Park might be the same distance away, that would be my suggestion, with New Quarter just up the road as well. Give me a shot when you're down, I throw a couple rounds with ya. Heck, the 7th is my born on date :)

Definately check out Newport News and New Quarter (best course I've ever played). Both courses are pay to play but worth it. I love Bayville, but you are better off playing the other two (they are about 10 - 15 min apart) because they are on the right side of the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (which could be backed up a good 30 min at least)

New Quarter is a definite must play! Best course around and well worth the price and the effort. Be sure to read the reviews for prices and info.

Not sure what kind of route you're taking, but if it takes you close to VA Tech/Christiansburg, VA the Golden Hills course there is a lot of fun. It's very wooded and hilly if that's you kind of course. There are a lot of pics of the course on DGCR.

If you end up there, make sure you use a spotter in the woods! The leaves ought to be pretty thick in the rough now and there are a lot of blind tee shots. So you don't want to have to spend a bunch of time "phishing" for you discs. Ouch! That even hurt me to say it!

Sure just let some of us know about it and I'm sure we'll get a group out there playing. I'm always game if I am off work. I work the 6th but am off the 7th of March.

I am going to be flying in for the Phish shows too and staying in Newport News. I am looking forward to playing New Quarter and Newport News. Are they easy to navigate for out of towners? Are there a lot of blind baskets?

newport news is easy, new quarter will have some blind baskets but has excellent signage and a great scorecard available. new quarter park is currently closed on weekdays for the winter i believe, don't know when that changes.

I'll be attending the weekend shows too and plan to check out some golf.

I'm a morning person and am thinking I'll do an early round Saturday....8ish at the Quarter. Start playing at like 8:30.

If you get up early or are wanna keep the party rolling from the night before, I'll see you there.

These shows are gonna be sweet, sounds like the golf is too. I can't freakin wait!:D

Its almost time to get loose! I'm picking my friend from CO up in Norfolk, and we're staying in VA Beach. It sounds like Newport News, and New Quarter are going to be where its at. Hopefully I see some of you there.

i'll cast another vote for new quarter, great all around course with a great pro shop. If there is one course in the VA beach area thats the one to play.

hampton comes alive!! i saw phish before they could sell that many tickets at the now defunct boathouse in norfolk...bayville still have the original mach 1's?(i know they added inner chains that the old timers didnt like)..is there a list of first courses in?...is bayville and sedgley top 5?...first was in cali...

Latest posts