• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hanging Discs?

Zerim

Hey everyone!

So i have recently moved into a new house. The last disc wall i had i used finish nails to hang my discs with. When i took them off the wall to pack them up i realized i really do not want that many holes in the walls at my new place.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to hang discs on a wall? If someone knows a way to do it without putting any holes in the wall that would be great. If not what are some ways you guys hang discs?? Thanks for all your help guys!

Thanks, ill give thumbtacks a shot. Still love to hear what kind of creative things people have come up with. Any one out there top thumbtacks? :p

Those 3m command hooks with the sticky strips hold tight and don't leave residue. Never hung discs with them, but I use them to hold my ipad and kindle in their cases. They are magical.

Those 3m command hooks with the sticky strips hold tight and don't leave residue. Never hung discs with them, but I use them to hold my ipad and kindle in their cases. They are magical.

This would be interesting to try. I am sure it could work i just dont see me wanting to spend the money on how many i would need.

I once hung heavy string from ceiling to floor[attached at both] and used heavy gauge Christmas ornament hangers[altered with pliers] to hang discs every 16".

I use thumbtacks as well but you can see the holes over white paint easy. Not hard to cover up the hole though, a little filler and it's gone.

You could nail in a strip of wood to the stud and the nail disc all the way down that strip. 2-3 nail holes compared to 10-15.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Hoping to get started on my wall soon. Ill give thumbtacks a try first.

I have my first three ace discs in a cheap frame. Three discs, one hole in the wall. Plus it looks cool, and my old lady doesn't complain about it. But then she lets me use the plate hutch for disc display too.

I once hung heavy string from ceiling to floor[attached at both] and used heavy gauge Christmas ornament hangers[altered with pliers] to hang discs every 16".

That actually sounds genius. The only holes would be where the wall meets the ceiling and floor (barely visible), and you would only need 2 holes for every 8 or 9 discs instead of one hole per disc. And you technically wouldn't even need a hole at the floor, just at the ceiling. I might consider doing this sometime.

I've got a cork board that has two small finishing nails holding it up that allows me to tack up 18 discs on it. But it doesn't have as clean of a look as just hanging on the wall.

Just use dollar store white toothpaste to fill in the holes when you move next. Cheap and easy.

I made two simple five foot shelves only about 2" deep and has a channel in the top front edge to catch the disc edge on display. I figure I can get about 7 discs on each shelf and I can also put push pin type tacks in the front edge to hang even more. Total of 4 nail/screw holes in the drywall for 20' total of display space.

Latest posts