• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hardest Hole You've Ever Played.

Hole 6 at Bloomsburg Park PA....500+feet of water carry with a fountain knocking anything that reaches the 450 mark.....no room to bailout on the sides.....you must be able to launch a 600+ footer and be skilled enogh to avoid the fountain.....there is no harder hole in disc golf Period.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=3030&mode=media#

Dang........:| That is pretty serious. Sounds like that DUI guy was punishing his community.:)

There are a few that stick out as difficult holes, but really once the wind picks up, this would be the hardest hole and I wouldn't play it if it was windy in a casual round. I went with most difficult as how big of a spread is probable in a tourney round. I can see this hole being 4'd, or even 3'd. But also 8+ easy.

Water on both sides, pro tee is 870 feet.
West Lake Hole # 13
140488f9.jpg

Missed the second question. I took a 4 on it, not much wind at all. Long putt for 3, missed it and almost rolled into the water.

^^Yea, that one is tough for sure!! I've been dying to get out there and give that course another hack. When I was there it was cold, wet and +40mph winds that day with water on either sides of that land bridge.

Hole 8 Brown Deer Park, Milwaukee WI
Pin in the F'ed up position. You people that have played this hole will know what Im talking about. It is def the hardest hole I have ever played.

Hole 8 Brown Deer Park, Milwaukee WI
Pin in the F'ed up position. You people that have played this hole will know what Im talking about. It is def the hardest hole I have ever played.

The one in the far back to the right? That one is pretty tough but can be 3'ed. I think I 4'ed it....:rolleyes: That is some tough rough when the fairway narrows towards the basket.

Deer Lakes 3 long to long is tough ...its funny most mention hole 14 as the beast

I haven't played the blues at deer lakes, but I definitely find 14 way tougher. With 10 recorded rounds I average 5.6 on hole 3 (5p, 4b, 1db) and a 5.9 on hole 14 (5p, 2b, 1db, 1tb). Needless to say, I am happy with a 5 on either hole.

I guess 3 feels much more doable and strokes are added for bad shots, while 14 adds strokes for bad (unlucky?) bounces off of trees.

Interestingly people do not agree with me when it comes to 14 being harder:
Red Tees Average: Hole 3-5.93, Hole 14-5.27
White Tees Average: Hole 3-5.93, Hole 14-5.78
Blue Tees Average: Hole 3-5.21, Hole 14-5.36

I haven't played the blues at deer lakes, but I definitely find 14 way tougher. With 10 recorded rounds I average 5.6 on hole 3 (5p, 4b, 1db) and a 5.9 on hole 14 (5p, 2b, 1db, 1tb). Needless to say, I am happy with a 5 on either hole.

I guess 3 feels much more doable and strokes are added for bad shots, while 14 adds strokes for bad (unlucky?) bounces off of trees.

Interestingly people do not agree with me when it comes to 14 being harder:
Red Tees Average: Hole 3-5.93, Hole 14-5.27
White Tees Average: Hole 3-5.93, Hole 14-5.78
Blue Tees Average: Hole 3-5.21, Hole 14-5.36

I guess I am like alot of other people since I feel that 14 is the easier of the two par 5's. Example on saturday on 14 I hit a fairly early tree and take a 4. On #3 I hit a fairly early tree and take a seven. I always seem to do better on 14 even when I have an errant shot. My average for 3 is 5.33 and my average for 14 is 5 even.

deer lakes 3....1 loooong tunnel that if you stray punishes you with minimal options

deer lakes 14.....a bunch of convoluted routes to the green that if you stray you still have convoluted routes to the basket

3 is a bitch due to its length which forces long straight throws...if u just lay up lay up lay up the length of the fairway still leaves you short...you gotta go big and straight

14 is more a chance to be creative and if you mess up you can still be creative

14 is funner but 3 is definetely more rewarding

I played it once and looking at the basket to tee I saw endless routes on 14...when I looked back on 3 I saw a tunnel with thick woods to the left/right and ABOVE ouch!

I will have to second hole 8 at Plymouth Creek though, this is my "nemesis" hole, it has given me double digits with multiple circles on the card. My goal is to someday 3 it, I've only 4'd it a couple of times, and I had an opportunity for 3 once, a deep roller up the right side followed by a thumber through the (leafless fall) trees to what I was sure was a parked second shot. But the one time in 5000 throws that Forest decides that he should bring my disc back...
That's one of the first ones I thought of, too. The hard part is you have to navigate all of those trees, but you also don't want a disc that fades too much or you'll skip down into the creek. The fairway slopes down to the creek and is hard packed dirt (IIRC) so it doesn't take much to end up down there. If you don't go far enough then it will take you a couple throws to get to the bend and you're pretty much guaranteed to need at least 2 throws once you get there.

Hole 15 of Walnut Ridge in DSM is pretty bad, too. It's a 620' tunnel shot where the left side falls off into a ravine. If you try to stick to the right side of the fairway you'll inevitably hit a tree and kick off straight left and down to the abyss.
b6bbfe41.jpg

That's one of the first ones I thought of, too. The hard part is you have to navigate all of those trees, but you also don't want a disc that fades too much or you'll skip down into the creek. The fairway slopes down to the creek and is hard packed dirt (IIRC) so it doesn't take much to end up down there. If you don't go far enough then it will take you a couple throws to get to the bend and you're pretty much guaranteed to need at least 2 throws once you get there.

Hole 15 of Walnut Ridge in DSM is pretty bad, too. It's a 620' tunnel shot where the left side falls off into a ravine. If you try to stick to the right side of the fairway you'll inevitably hit a tree and kick off straight left and down to the abyss.
b6bbfe41.jpg

The 909' hole out at Boone kicks the **** out of that hole.

Latest posts