• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Harmony Bends which layout

There are a lot of similarities between Harmony Bends and Idlewild. IMO Harmony Bends is more difficult with significantly more trees close to tees. Both have elevation, uphill and downhill shots. Harmony Bends has more extremes in the uphill and downhill. Both have similar creek lines. Harmony Bends was extremely well marked with additional signage between baskets and tees to tell you exactly where the next tees are. Overall I would say Harmony is a 'better' course, but if both were close to me I'd probably play Idlewild more often.

There is a tournament starting today at Harmony Bends, and there were plenty of people playing yesterday. No one we saw played from the longs!

While both of them are exemplary courses, and special in their own way...

Harmony Bends > Idlewild

At least IMO.

Agreed. Those weird Astroturf greens at Idlewild take it down a notch for me. loved them both tough for sure.

was asking op but interested in your take as well. have you played both?

Not that you asked me... but I have and like Idlewild just a tiny touch more. Like it's my 2nd favorite and HB is my 3rd. I think Idlewild has just a wee bit more variety, mixing in a few longer open cranks. Plus, I personally love the fake greens, and finally it is almost always in dry playable condition. But I the one time I played HB, I immediately started looking forward to the best fine I would play it! It was on my mind a while. :)

was asking op but interested in your take as well. have you played both?

He has played both. Visionquest is his all time favorite course so take his opinion with a grain of salt. ;)

I'd personally put Harmony Bends above Idlwild, just barely though. Both were damn fun. Harmony was pretty much non stop awesomeness whereas Idlewild had a few lulls in the action so to speak. And I agree about those artificial greens at Idlewild. They looked a lot better on DGPT coverage than they did in person.

He has played both. Visionquest is his all time favorite course so take his opinion with a grain of salt. ;)

I'd personally put Harmony Bends above Idlwild, just barely though. Both were damn fun. Harmony was pretty much non stop awesomeness whereas Idlewild had a few lulls in the action so to speak. And I agree about those artificial greens at Idlewild. They looked a lot better on DGPT coverage than they did in person.

lol'd at VQ. you made my night.

Not that you asked me... but I have and like Idlewild just a tiny touch more. Like it's my 2nd favorite and HB is my 3rd. I think Idlewild has just a wee bit more variety, mixing in a few longer open cranks. Plus, I personally love the fake greens, and finally it is almost always in dry playable condition. But I the one time I played HB, I immediately started looking forward to the best fine I would play it! It was on my mind a while. :)

So your first favorite has to be Maple Hill? Right?

How's the water situation currently at HB now? I might drive extra 7 hrs to play it in 2/3 weeks. Do you think late Oct vs early Nov would make any difference?