• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

I learned a valuable lesson on the course this morning: Trust the Harp. It's deadly.

This thing absolutely killed it on approaches. It's so reliable, and overstable to the point where it is forgiving of a poor release. However, it is still long enough for uphill shots (which I learned by parking a second shot with the Harp; I shanked my first one with a Meteor, leaving me long for bogey). It is definitely going in the bag. Great plastic, user friendly, and predictable.

Got my BT Medium Harp in the mail today, but haven't had a chance to throw it. It's definitely more on the firm side, even compared to some of the other Trilogy Medium plastics, but I can't imagine this disc skipping too much since it's still got a good tack to it. I'll report back later when I've had a chance to throw it.

Not much to report back other than the BT Medium Harps still throw like Harps and they have a medium skip. Nothing earth shattering, just a little more ability to skip than the softs.

Not much to report back other than the BT Medium Harps still throw like Harps and they have a medium skip. Nothing earth shattering, just a little more ability to skip than the softs.

How about the stability of BT Mediums. I've heared that is was a less overstable, compared to the BT Softs.

Pretty much the same. If it was less OS, then I didn't notice it.

I threw a BT Medium a few times yesterday and it seemed like it had more glide and less beef than the Soft. Ill have to try it again and compare with my BT Soft to be sure.

I think we'd be splitting hairs to say that the Softs and Mediums are molding up to have different flight characteristics IMO. Depending on how different people throw, they could all arguably be different, but in this case the Medium flew close enough to the Soft to not have any discernible differences to me. I didn't notice any additional glide or less fade. Only noticed that the Medium had more of a tendency to skip a bit if thrown hard.

And I agree. Bring on the premium plastic (although I'm leaning more toward Tournament plastic with the hope that it comes out stiff enough to get good skips).

Holy crap my Soft Harp is overstable. If it becomes just a tad less table when it beats up, it might kick Pigs out of my bag. I would love to have it in firm plastic too, for skips.

Got to throw the Harp in steady wind today - it still took off when i putt into the wind, but overall it handled it quite nicely. This is a nice complement to the Swan.

Deeper rimmed suspect (for the most part right?) I liked it. I used it on a short putt and approach course and I didn't even mind putting with it for hyzer putts outside 25 or so.

Deeper rimmed suspect (for the most part right?)
I can't call it that at all. The Suspect was/is longer and harder to range than the Harp. The fade isn't as hard on the Suspect compared to the Harp too.

I do agree that it's deeper though, so there's that. :hfive:

Deeper rimmed Zone maybe.

It's a lot deeper than a Suspect and feels just a slight bit deeper than a Zone.

The Harp doesn't go as far as a Suspect and will fade sooner and harder.

I personally think they both can be "ranged" fairly easily, but I guess since the Suspect has more potential distance, it might be slightly harder to range, in the same way that a longer mid like a Truth would.

I currently carry a Harp and a Suspect and use them on different shots. I probably wouldn't carry a Harp and a Zone though, because they overlap too much for me, except for the differences in BT Soft vs. ESP plastic.

Primo Plastic Harps?

Has anyone heard any rumors as to when the HArp will be released in some premium plastic? I'm talking moonshine or something along those lines. A skippy approach is much needed in the bag!!!

Has anyone heard any rumors as to when the HArp will be released in some premium plastic? I'm talking moonshine or something along those lines. A skippy approach is much needed in the bag!!!

Regarding the premium plastic harps: supposedly there was an issue with getting them underweight while still producing a high quality product. I am sure Tomas is working on it at full speed as so many are clamoring for VIP/TP harps. They will figure it out I am sure.
It wouldn't surprise me if this were the case. They originally had the same issue with the Judge, releasing it in 'Air' form to try and get the weight down.

BT Hard Harps will probably be next.

How does the Harp compare to a Sinus? I bet Sinus is more OS?
You shouldn't go to Vegas, you might loose a lot of money.
The Harp is more overstable. I can get a bit of turn out of a Sinus, but I couldn't even get any turn out of a Harp, not even in a strong headwind.

BT Hard Harps are out! I ordered one to check it out. I like the Medium, but it's still not enough skip for me. Hoping the Hard will be better.

How does the Harp compare to a Sinus? I bet Sinus is more OS?

For me, the Medium Harp is very similar to the stability of the medium Sinus, as I remember it.
I have the Harp in Medium and Soft and to me theres a noticable difference in the stability. If youve seen the newest Felberg in the bag, he mention somthing about his soft Sinus has less glide and more overstable than his Medium. Thats exactly what Im experiencing with the Soft vs Medium Harp.

So any word on the VIP release? And, just got my first BT hard... nervous that these Harps, especially once VIP is released, is going to kick out the Zones and Suspects. It seems to be right in the middle of the two, and capable of handling both duties. What are the opinions on this?

Latest posts