• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

A buddy of mine doesnt have a huge arm, hit the basket from 200' out and the harp tacoed. To taco this disc on a drive off the tee and into a tree is not so unrealistic, and wouldn't take a cannon of an arm to do.

Yeah, it definitely tacoed.

It was a close up tree hit while trying to "thread the needle".

Anyway, a day later and you can still feel the groove across the flightplate where it bent, but it's hard to see. It actually flies fairly decent at the moment with very little wobble, much better than yesterday.

Yeah, it definitely tacoed.

It was a close up tree hit while trying to "thread the needle".

Anyway, a day later and you can still feel the groove across the flightplate where it bent, but it's hard to see. It actually flies fairly decent at the moment with very little wobble, much better than yesterday.

I did the same thing to mine, after running it under hot water for a bit and leaving it under a stack of stiff discs the rim is fine but there is still a small indent you can feel if not see.

Didn't change the flight but I wish this disc came in a more durable blend.

Went out with my Harp (again) today...
This disc fits perfect in my hand, Powergrip, Fangrip or sidearmgrip. Low profile without being too low. Its basiclay a point and shoot approach disc. Does not skip, does not fly by 30 feet past the basket, does not roll away, just stick to the ground were it lands. So predictable it hurts.
Even on hillside greens, the chance for a roll away is minimal compared to the harder plastics. Havent putted much with it in the wind, but Im sure its a great windputter too and its comfortable in the hand for putting.
I know ppl have some issues with the durability, but this is base plastic, so it
will get dings. But even though I think cus its so soft it absorbs the hits much better that the harder baseline plastics.
Compared to my Zone, which I love, its less overstable but much more workable while still retaining its overstable windfighting properties..
With the Zone I never know if it will skip and how much. This could be the difference between a 10 and a 25 foot putt and I have a hard time dialing in the approaches with the Zone, unless I give it a steep hyzer, but theres not allways room for that. This is were the Harp really shines. It needs a lot less room to do its magic without the guesswork on the skip.
Compared to my Sinus, which I dont love, its more overstable and a lot comfortable to grip. Feels lower profile, cus its so flat.
Gotta test it out for some months, but so far, Im happy.

My tacoed Harp still has a very noticeable warp to it. It now has picked up a second sizable dent, possibly from a big spike hyzer. They need to release this in some VIP plastic.

The thing is, it still flies straight and smooth. No wobble, holds the right lines. It's just ugly and deformed as heck in the hand, but in the air it's still smooth.

I'm going to pick up another. I'm liking the earlier fade I get out of it compared to my suspect.

I was just marveling this weekend about how trashed mine has become but still flies straight and predictably. I mean mine is BEAT. Dented, warped, scuffed and scratched, and totally abused, but is still doing it's thing!!

I guess I can settle for hard, but definitely want Tournament and/or VIP plastics right behind those.

Westside website says Medium and Hard plastics launch 6/1.

Hard might be an amazing disc. I always had a thing for Pro D zones but they beat up and warp quickly. I really like The new baseline from trilogy so these could be a really neat cycling approach disc.

So it looks like only the Medium Harps hit the shelves at retailers over the weekend. I ordered one to check out, but I'm really anticipating the Hards (at least until they come out in VIP/Tournament). Anyone with any insight as to why they released only the Mediums?

Phasing never thrown a harp: is the harp more putter or more mid a la the suspect? I liked the suspect but it was competing with my rocs and nothing can ever beat my rocs. Just nabbed a breaker and it is seemingly closer to putter speed in the tweeter realm.

All Things Disc Golf has a good review on the Harp.

It's definitely a tweener, but not as long as the Suspect. I've only thrown the Breaker a few times so don't feel very confident in comparing it to the Harp.

Phasing never thrown a harp: is the harp more putter or more mid a la the suspect? I liked the suspect but it was competing with my rocs and nothing can ever beat my rocs. Just nabbed a breaker and it is seemingly closer to putter speed in the tweeter realm.

I would say the Harp is more towards a putter, were the Suspect is more towards a midrange. The harp has very little glide, were Suspect has a lot.
Because of the lack of glide, the Harp seems more overstable than the Suspect and it would'nt compete with your Rocs as much as the Suspect.

My harp in BT plastic looks 2 years old already. And it's not just the little dings like my Swan. It's misshapen, dented and looks generally like crap. Throws fine though.

I would say the Harp is more towards a putter, were the Suspect is more towards a midrange. The harp has very little glide, were Suspect has a lot.
Because of the lack of glide, the Harp seems more overstable than the Suspect and it would'nt compete with your Rocs as much as the Suspect.

You just answered my question.:)

BEAT DOWN!!

Here's some pictures of my beaten in, warped, dented and scraped up Harp. Still flies true!

Harp3_zps728f3c88.jpg

Not an optical illusion. The right side of the disc is dented in...
Harp4_zps73b53c09.jpg

Harp2_zps236df5c2.jpg

Harp1_zps5b099642.jpg

Regarding the premium plastic harps: supposedly there was an issue with getting them underweight while still producing a high quality product. I am sure Tomas is working on it at full speed as so many are clamoring for VIP/TP harps. They will figure it out I am sure.

I love my soft harp, and being quite cheap in base plastic I dont mind buying another after a season of use.

Um.., that Harp looks like my Swan - seems the uglier they get, the better they work :)

Yep... my Harp looks just like yours Um... but it didnt loose any HSS or LSS. Still parks it every time :)

The BT Medium Harp has been out for some days now, so the question is... did anyone throw it yet? Is it more durable? More grippy? Does it skip a whole lot more? Is the stability the same?

Went and bought a BT Soft Harp today and played a round with it. Seemed pretty quick to dial in, I was making lots of decent approached and putts with it. Fun to drive with as well. Now I need a windy day to try it in.