• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has DGCR Peaked?

I would say yes actually, I'm glad someone brought it up.

We did it to ourselves.

This may be unpopular, but I guess it needs to be said.

Someone new comes on, all excited about people to talk to about disc golf. It might be fun to have a place to go online and have a discussion about things of disc golf.

First thing most new people want to talk about is discs..

Hey I found this disc I like it's called a teebird..

Then everyone jumps in with basically... Are you stupid, we had that discussion in 2011, everything important was said about that disc back then by the important people.

Repeat cycle with the buzz, zone, eagle, wizard, saint, etc. - we already talked about, why don't you read the wisdom we already shared, your thoughts are unimportant...

Eventually they get tired of being beat up and leave.

This is not really a place to discuss disc golf as it is a museum of collective wisdom of the wise ones.

When the voices become silent and we are left to stare at the relics of the past with boredom, we basically have a museum, not a market place of ideas and discussion.

Those left.have the same old boring discussions on ITB, HOD, rules or form.

General discussion page reminds me of Reddit DG, occasionally entertaining but I read about 5% of the threads. I visit daily and enjoy most of the info on the disc page.

I wonder how many of the 84,000+ members are actually still alive and throwing. Is the number a little inflated? Probably. How many would delete if they could?

Udisc is gaining ground since they're pretty active on social media even though they don't have anywhere near the same amount of data as dgcr. <-- I have no idea if that is a true statement :)

I'm relatively new here, so I've only known this crappy version of the site. I've got no golden memories of a cool dg board to make me sad & nostalgic. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Repeat cycle with the buzz, zone, eagle, wizard, saint, etc. - we already talked about, why don't you read the wisdom we already shared, your thoughts are unimportant...

Eventually they get tired of being beat up and leave.
Ooh, is that a new disc? Who makes it? New version of the original?

Correlation between the marketplace dying and ****ty discussion? I say yes.

Disc golf peaked in 2002. Every new player after that year has hurt the sport in some way.

Correlation between the marketplace dying and ****ty discussion? I say yes.

I won't say that correlation is causation here but I do think the pay to play market place fee didn't do the site any favors. DGCR is still better than Reddit and unlike Zuckerberg, I'm pretty sure Timg isn't selling our data to foreigners. :|

Latest posts