• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Will Schusterick peaked?

I noticed right away he's using a real low pumping routine when putting and doesn't have that typical pause before the releasing. Makes the hitch less noticeable, but it doesn't seem like a long-term solution.

UTah Open Scores: Will Schusterick Rated 997 - r1: 53 rated 1029 r2: 67 rated 913 r3: 63 rated 938
Had a good first round but couldn't keep it going. His form doesn't look bad. His putting seems to be a bit smoother as well. See Will r1 action here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4APPW07z2OE

I noticed right away he's using a real low pumping routine when putting and doesn't have that typical pause before the releasing. Makes the hitch less noticeable, but it doesn't seem like a long-term solution.

Will started off very well, but as R1 went on his putting began showing signs of not holding up. I was thinking his putting deteriorated as the tournament went on...

Eagle averaged 998 over 3 rounds. Will averaged 1001 over 3 rounds. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure this has to do with the available total points. Both players also commented on the ratings:

McMahon also commented on the ratings, saying, "right off the bat, I wanna just tell you that the ratings feel like they're a good 35-40 points off…it said 955 [for the second round], but in reality, it felt more like 990. That tells you a little something."

In his comments to Ultiworld Disc Golf, Schusterick also mentioned that the ratings seemed off.

That tells me they're not used to playing against a field of low ratings and don't fully understand the rating system. Europeans rarely play against the American pros and are essentially their own island of ratings that has been unable to develop. Those 35-40 points might be a good estimate for a field similar to Konopiste Open.

Last edited:
To further demonstrate the ratings difference between Europe and the US, -18 would've been rated 1095 there (slightly different SSA range though I think).

Last edited:
They could have made it a lot tougher by dropping down a bunch of OB rope... but then we probably wouldn't have seen a two minute clip of McBeth on Sportscenter.

And, it is probably the first and last time that we will hear quotes from MacBeth on SportsCenter.

"Where shall we three meet again in thunder, lightning, or in rain?"

If you have to go to Europe to win thats not saying much. He might put 1 good round up but fades fast. That is why it is a tournament to show a player physical and mental stamina ...Out of NTs and DGPT he has placed..13th,27th,32nd and 61st.

Pretty sure Will hasn't "gone to Europe to win"... I mean yeah, I'm sure he'd love to win, but that's not why he went there. If you'll notice, a lot of the top players were there last week, and all of them are there this week... Konopiste is a major.

shoe-strings-5.jpg