• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Headwind disc to complement Star Tern

It was trialed at that role, but it didn't work out. Now I'm looking for other suggestions

I wasn't directing that at you. Just some off the wall suggestions.

I like the feel of the tern as well but I need more stability. I have a handful of OS terns but they aren't easy to find. It's too bad innovative hasn't put the tern x into production.

I doubt you'll find anything at this point that would equal your distance with a tern but I think the s pd or a star wraith would be good choices in the wind. Just don't expect them to fly as far.

Probably not, I'm not a power player. Besides, 23mm rims are kind of uncomfortable for me, I'd prefer something around 21mm tbh. Now I'm throwing champion Teebirds into the wind and they handle moderate winds just fine, but I'm not getting Tern like distances with it. Perhaps I should just accept that I won't get those distances in a headwind

Teebirds are a lot slower, speed 7. Try a Lucid Trespass, speed 12 but only a 21mm rim. Sleek, fast, long, overstable, will handle headwinds fine. Lucid and Fuzion are the most OS.

I would vote fuzion

I've had a couple of lucida that lost stability fast.

Idk

I liked the trespass a lot but first run fuzions were the only ones that didn't season too fast for me. Lucid was my least fave but I only owned two.

I asked the guy at my disc shop about the Trespass and he didn't recommend it as a wind disc, and he's a Lat sponsored player to boot. I'm not convinced when it comes to the Trespass.

I have been reading up on a lot of discs, and the Discmania DD popped up. Looking at the flight numbers it seems like a great fit with its 11 5 0 2. Does anybody have experience with this disc? How does it fly compared to a Wraith?

Trespass is more OS than Wraith, and most Destroyers too. Probably the DD also. I don't throw the DD, so can't say for certain.

I asked the guy at my disc shop about the Trespass and he didn't recommend it as a wind disc, and he's a Lat sponsored player to boot. I'm not convinced when it comes to the Trespass.

I have been reading up on a lot of discs, and the Discmania DD popped up. Looking at the flight numbers it seems like a great fit with its 11 5 0 2. Does anybody have experience with this disc? How does it fly compared to a Wraith?

The DD is a more stable wraith, and uses wraith mold pieces to boot.

Trespass is more OS than Wraith, and most Destroyers too. Probably the DD also. I don't throw the DD, so can't say for certain.

Not true in my experience. Trespass has a workable/mellow turn HSS. Destroyers can be very very overstable, or flippy. Currently if you want star or champ Destroyers, they are likely to be very HSS and too much disc for most people.

I have thrown stable star Wraiths that would be very good for wims (more OS than Trespasses), but since I am not a Wraith thrower I don't know what the current situation is on them, or their consistency (I assume better than Destroyers?).

Apparently the C-line DD's are quite stable, like no turn stable. I do not know about S-line. The DD could be a good way to go if you want an OS Wraith type disc. I posted mostly for the Trespass vs. Destroyer thing, although I would say the Trespass compares more closely to Gstar Destroyer.

Not true in my experience. Trespass has a workable/mellow turn HSS. Destroyers can be very very overstable, or flippy. Currently if you want star or champ Destroyers, they are likely to be very HSS and too much disc for most people.

I have thrown stable star Wraiths that would be very good for wims (more OS than Trespasses), but since I am not a Wraith thrower I don't know what the current situation is on them, or their consistency (I assume better than Destroyers?).

Apparently the C-line DD's are quite stable, like no turn stable. I do not know about S-line. The DD could be a good way to go if you want an OS Wraith type disc. I posted mostly for the Trespass vs. Destroyer thing, although I would say the Trespass compares more closely to Gstar Destroyer.

Which plastic Trespass were you throwing? I have 2 lucids which are very OS, almost impossible to turn over. More OS than my champ Wraiths. Haven't thrown Destroyers in a while but the ones I used to throw had turn similar to the Wraith, just at a higher power requirement.

Maybe my Trespasses are the exception and not the norm, who knows?

Which plastic Trespass were you throwing? I have 2 lucids which are very OS, almost impossible to turn over. More OS than my champ Wraiths. Haven't thrown Destroyers in a while but the ones I used to throw had turn similar to the Wraith, just at a higher power requirement.

I've only thrown Lucid Trespasses. I've just thrown a few, but enough that I'm considering getting into them for straight drivers for myself. My friend just got a couple of fresh ones, I'll see if those are OS in the next day or so I hope. I throw in the 400 range for reference.

Edit: I have definitely thrown star Destroyers with more turn than any Trespass I have thrown...just the current ones are not like that at all, from what I have seen. I put that warning in because OP would likely find those beefy ones nearly useless for what he wants.

Last edited:
I've only thrown Lucid Trespasses. I've just thrown a few, but enough that I'm considering getting into them for straight drivers for myself. My friend just got a couple of fresh ones, I'll see if those are OS in the next day or so I hope. I throw in the 400 range for reference.

Edit: I have definitely thrown star Destroyers with more turn than any Trespass I have thrown...just the current ones are not like that at all, from what I have seen. I put that warning in because OP would likely find those beefy ones nearly useless for what he wants.

Okay, makes sense. Some Destroyers runs can be very OS, no doubt. The Wraith, not really. I have 2 Forces in my bag as my max distance drivers. I top out at around 430'.

On a good day I got 360 feet of range in my and both my Biofuzion Trespass and Lucid Trespass don't really fight a headwind very well. They are in the 168-170 gram. My first Biofuzion one I had turned and burned on a elevated hole I play on my home course having quite a headwind on it. I were probably 200 feet off the fairway. That were me throwing with quite a bit of hyser on it. I still love the trespass but I wouldn't say it were a headwind disc. Saying all this my form is not perfect at all.

I use a beat in TP Giant as my wind fighter but I think I will have to get either a new Giant or and Enforcer to be able to fight the wind on a few holes on my home course. Which is Järva Discgolf Park. :)

Just to update you, the 2 new Lucids he got are same colour and look identical, one had a slightly higher PLH though. When thrown they were different. One flew like his worked in Lucid, like a -2/2 stability (turn over and ride from hyzer flip, then come back to centre). The other was like -1/3 where it would just ride over and then fade left, more consistent. Both definitely had turn out of the box. The turnier one went right and never came back in some wind.

Just to update you, the 2 new Lucids he got are same colour and look identical, one had a slightly higher PLH though. When thrown they were different. One flew like his worked in Lucid, like a -2/2 stability (turn over and ride from hyzer flip, then come back to centre). The other was like -1/3 where it would just ride over and then fade left, more consistent. Both definitely had turn out of the box. The turnier one went right and never came back in some wind.

My 2 Lucids have very slight dome and high PLH. I don't throw them anymore, but was surprised how OS they were, more like 0,3. So, probably freaks.

My 2 Lucids have very slight dome and high PLH. I don't throw them anymore, but was surprised how OS they were, more like 0,3. So, probably freaks.

I don't know about freaks. My first Lucid Trespass is still extremely overstable for the mold. I have not thrown them back to back to get a great comparison, but I would compare it to my Bio Enforcer. Maybe the Trespass is a bit less stable than the Enforcer, but much closer than it is to my other Lucid and Bio Trespass.

To the OP's question, the lucid Trespass should work great for you.