• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Headwind disc to complement Star Tern

I don't know about freaks. My first Lucid Trespass is still extremely overstable for the mold. I have not thrown them back to back to get a great comparison, but I would compare it to my Bio Enforcer. Maybe the Trespass is a bit less stable than the Enforcer, but much closer than it is to my other Lucid and Bio Trespass.

To the OP's question, the lucid Trespass should work great for you.

My 2 were very early runs, so could be what you've experienced with your first Lucid Trespass. Agree that at the OP's stated power, Trespass in Lucid, Fuzion or Bio should be fine. I mean he says his Teebird isn't turning on him into a headwind.

My 2 were very early runs, so could be what you've experienced with your first Lucid Trespass. Agree that at the OP's stated power, Trespass in Lucid, Fuzion or Bio should be fine. I mean he says his Teebird isn't turning on him into a headwind.

My old Teebird turned like crazy into a headwind, my new max weight, super flat high PLH one handles headwinds just fine

My old Teebird turned like crazy into a headwind, my new max weight, super flat high PLH one handles headwinds just fine

Have you decided on a longer headwind driver than the Teebird yet? I think the Enforcer would be overkill, the DD possibly not stable enough unless in C-line, and the Trespass probably a safe bet. Trespass turning...well, keep it in proper context, 400+ ft of power. And there are others of course.

Nah, I haven't decided yet, my shop is only open once per week. It's not a retailer, it's an importer/distributor that opens up their storage a couple of hours per week for disc nerds

Well, good luck with whatever you decide on. I agree that you should have a headwind driver that's longer than a Teebird...more OS too.

Threw yesterday in the wind before a storm. Star Teebird 168 still fresh, into the wind straight then blewout (went way right) once it started to slow down.

Champ Tern 168 and Daedalus 168 into the wind = Oh No!

S-line PD 171 into the wind = straight knife threw butter with a good solid fade. Flew easily another 30-50 ft compared to a throw at the same speed on a calm day.

Star Destroyer 167..Fought the wind, flew like it would any other day.
Star Destroyer 175 ... way over stable as usual. Wind didn't make any difference at all.
Philo Destroyer 175 ... Straight knife threw butter way more over stable compared to the PD. Distance was about 15ft short of the pd..

Bottom line destroyer mold vary drastically, even at similar weights and level of wear.

My opinion with the testing that I did. The S-line PD is much better and more consistent in the wind. If I was going out to play a tournament, like I am tomorrow and there is a STRONG head wind I'm throwing the PD, Plio Destroyers, maybe MB star on a big anny. Lesser head winds Tern on a hyzer, Teebird, Leopard3 on a hyzer, DX destroyer, Philo destroyer, No Daedalus.

Threw yesterday in the wind before a storm. Star Teebird 168 still fresh, into the wind straight then blewout (went way right) once it started to slow down.

Champ Tern 168 and Daedalus 168 into the wind = Oh No!

S-line PD 171 into the wind = straight knife threw butter with a good solid fade. Flew easily another 30-50 ft compared to a throw at the same speed on a calm day.

Star Destroyer 167..Fought the wind, flew like it would any other day.
Star Destroyer 175 ... way over stable as usual. Wind didn't make any difference at all.
Philo Destroyer 175 ... Straight knife threw butter way more over stable compared to the PD. Distance was about 15ft short of the pd..

Bottom line destroyer mold vary drastically, even at similar weights and level of wear.

My opinion with the testing that I did. The S-line PD is much better and more consistent in the wind. If I was going out to play a tournament, like I am tomorrow and there is a STRONG head wind I'm throwing the PD, Plio Destroyers, maybe MB star on a big anny. Lesser head winds Tern on a hyzer, Teebird, Leopard3 on a hyzer, DX destroyer, Philo destroyer, No Daedalus.

Yep, I used QOLF's into strong headwinds for years, very similar to PD mold. I'm now using Discraft Force...umm, longer :D

Latest posts